Distinction between Children of Israel and "

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Brian aka Reverted1

Post by Brian aka Reverted1 »

Greetings fellow believers in Allah, His Book, and His Divine System!

The Qur'an uses both names, "Children of Israel" and "Jews". There appears to be a difference between the two groups. It seems to me that "Children of Israel" is used when referring to the time they were honoring their covenant with Allah and were under the leadership of an Israelite Prophet. Usage of the name "Jews" seems to indicate they has lost Allah's favor, and the time period following Isa.

Is there a difference between the two?

Humbly,

Brian
4:100 "Anyone who emigrates in the Cause of Allah, will find that Allah has placed refuge and abundance in the earth..."
Perceptions

Post by Perceptions »

Greetings and Salaam,

Dear Brian, you have asked a very interesting question, bringing up an important concept.
I went through some of the Ayaas adressing people of book, as Children of Israel and as Jews, of course and I found that you are rigtht.

According to my humble understandings, Allah has adressed the whole nation to which the portion of His Book was given , and who was delivered from the bondage by the grace of of almighty ,as the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.
The Ayas adressing JEWS or mentioning them, are those who call themselves following the JEWISH RELIGION, as meant to be which may or may not be following the real religion of Allah.

May be someone will add to it.

Wassalam