Burial

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
ghuzoor

Burial

Post by ghuzoor »

Burial procedures followed by muslims all over the world are Quranic or just the traditions?. What does Quran says about it. When Quran says do not ask from dead because they cannot hear you and can not answer you or do good or bad to you, does this mean praying or talking to the graves.It means there is concept of graves in the Quran. Then what we say about people who do not bury their dead. Hindus burn their dead. Per Quran what is better .
Harry & Louise Guggen

Burial

Post by Harry & Louise Guggen »

What follows below is most excellent and most commonsensical advice .... by Dr. Shabbir Ahmed ... a while back ... in reponse to a similar question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Elijah, AA

The Qur'an is a Guidance for the living and, therefore, it attaches little importance to how a body is disposed off.

Our destiny depends on our actions and not on how and where our bodies are disposed off.

Right now in many parts of the world the graveyards are becoming too crowded and people are being encouraged to opt for cremation.

You will not find the Qur'an commanding us to bury our dead. Allah has left the method open for changing times.

Dr. Shabbir Ahmed

http://www.galaxydastak.com/cgi-bin/forum/webbbs_config.pl?read=314123119140927

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AA,

Dear Bro Shabbir,

Last Tuesday September 12th my sister in law past away lossing her battle with cancer, she was only 32 years young. My sister in law, myself and my wife all are Muslims beliving soley in the pristine message of the Quran. My sister in laws's ex husband is, and many of our aqantinces are, N2I. The family decided to have my sister in law Salimah cremated, many in the community including salimah's ex husband have voiced their objection going as far as saying this is against Islam and she could not go to Junnah if cremated.

I am assured in my understanding of Quran that cremation is not Haram or out of the fold of Islam. I am wondering if you could shed some light on this subject,this would make my wife feel better as she is dealing with the lose of her older sister and handeling questions from N21 friends concerning this "controversial" issue.

peace,

Elijah Ali

tammyswofford

Burial

Post by tammyswofford »

I was reading Yusuf Ali the other night and in one of the Surah it told of Allah sending a raven to scratch the ground after Cain was killed. (I think in al-Maedah?) Anyway, the commentary stated that Allah sent the raven to show Abel what had to be done with the body. It was the first death and need for instruction on the burial of mankind.

I personally believe in burial as opposed to cremation, as Yusuf gave instructions regarding his bones, that they were not to be left in Egypt when the Israelites left. Indeed, they carried the bones of Yusuf with them, as is recorded in my Bible account.

Now, as a Navy gal, a burial at sea is also acceptable! Is not the sea water halal, anyway? smile

Tammy