New Forum

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Sidqi

New Forum

Post by Sidqi »

With appreciation for the hard work, i must say that its too high tech for common readers and writers. Maker forgot that lot of readers are basic users, aged people, house wives etc. It took me long tine to understand face page.
While writing, its not easy to focus due to strange glare. Soon Beacon will loose most readership.

May be good for IT programmers etc. A big loss for others.

As a sample, Plz see a very practical website of India Times for Bloggers. This is what we need.

http://o3.indiatimes.com/frenchita

Sidqi. ca
Ahmed Mateen

New Forum

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Well, its impossible to make everyone happy. The ever changing technology has always improved the learning ability of its all types of users. So here it is a good start for all such basic users to improve theirselves. To me first page is the simplest.

I do agree about the glaring effect.
Our Beacon Group

New Forum

Post by Our Beacon Group »

Salam Aleikum,

Although I understand you completely Sidqi, and we knew this problem, I must agree with Mateen. We are changing the colours of the forum. But the build up is as easy as we can make it. Our dear Doctor can keep up, so at least people to 59 years can use it with ease :wink: This forum was also his choice. A lot of money has gone into this new forum Sidqi, so to change it is not that simple as you propose, as the Doctor pays everything himself.

We have kept the categories as simple and global as possible. People only need to click on it. Later we want to make an option that also unregistered people can reply, so this will be easier for older people.

With change, always a balance must be sought. Here we choose for modern. The old forum was avoided by young people as it was to slow and unattractive. People also don't like change, this is common.

I believe myself this forum will attract more people then the old one did inchAllah. And I also hope that the youngsters will assist the elderly with working this forum. That is also the responsibility of the younger members. If you know Ourbeacon members who will have a problem with the new forum, go help them.

But we are working to make this forum as easy to handle as is possible with this type of format. InchAllah people will get use to it and will be helped by their surroundings.

Aleikum Salam

Our Beacon Commity
Dr. Shabbir

New Forum

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

The print of new forum is very small and we old people can not read .will you pl make bold letters.jazakallah Mahmooda Begum, Mohammad Shukoor Rockford Illinois
------------------------------------------

Respected sister,

You may increase the size by:

1 - Pressing the Ctrl butto and ++

2 - Increase the size through your VIEW function on the computer.
Wassalam,
SA
Maurice Abdullah

New Forum

Post by Maurice Abdullah »

Salam all dear brother I have to squint and put my face 300 mm from the screen with my glasses on just to see the default pages when they first appear. The letters run into each other and become difficult to read :cry: javascript:emoticon(':(') compared to the likes of this
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/
the younger folk are not sitting next to the older folk as one suggested in order to help. I believe it will turn folk away from the beacon which seems to be a very DARK place today its almost as if it was designed to be hard to navigate and read . Such a shame.
Please please please
Ubuntu is a complete Linux-based operating system, free with both community & professional support, and I invite you to participate too! "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word that means "Humanity to others".
HASBUNA KITABULLAH
Our Beacon Committee

New Forum

Post by Our Beacon Committee »

Salam Aleikum dear brother,

Please excuse us for not having solved the problem. We are busy with the problem and due to some technical difficulties our comp-expert Saleem Adam couldn't access the correct files.

I hope all Our Beacon members and guests forgive us and have patience.

Our Beacon Group
Our Beacon Commitee