Meeting With The Lord

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

10:7 Those who do not look forward to meeting with Us, but please and satisfy themselves with petty delights of the worldly life, it is they, they who neglect Our Messages.

[Liqa-anaa = Meeting with Us. At other places ‘Meeting with the Lord’ is generally understood, especially by modern commentators, as meeting the Divine Law of Requital or Recompense. Some exponents shy away and apply ‘Meeting with the Lord’ to Resurrection alone. In my humble opinion, since God is a Personal, Compassionate God, and a vast majority of His humble servants harbor an intense desire to see Him, He may not deny this Kindness to His servants. We know that God is far too Glorious to have a physical image (anthropomorphic form), but He is Able to do all things. In the World of Command (AMR), He designs Laws as He wills. It is only in the World of Creation (KHALQ) that He implements those Laws, and then, never changes them. So, He is absolutely Capable of devising any Law in His World of Command. I find myself in agreement with numerous Ahadith narrating that humans should be able to see their Creator in the Next Life, not as a wishful thinking, but because they are in agreement with the Qur’an. I do not certainly mean God assuming a physical form for 'meeting' with his servants.]
Wassalam,
SA
abshoeb

Meeting With The Lord

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Br Dr Shabbir Ahmad Assalamalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Thaala wa Barkathuhu.

wa wajadallaha indahu

24:39 But as for those who reject the Message, their deeds are like a mirage in the desert. The thirsty one supposes it to be water till he comes unto it and finds nothing. However, he does meet Allah’s Law of Requital to compensate for his deeds. And Allah is Swift at taking account.

Fee Amanillah
Ali Bin Ali Alharbi (Al Madina)
abshoeb

Meeting With The Lord

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Br Dr Shabbir Ahmad Assalmalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Barkathuhu..

wa Wajadallaha indahu

24:39 But as for those who reject the Message, their deeds are like a mirage in the desert. The thirsty one supposes it to be water till he comes unto it and finds nothing. However, he does meet Allah’s Law of Requital to compensate for his deeds. And Allah is Swift at taking account.

6:103 No vision can encompass Him while He encompasses all vision. He is Subtile, Unfathomable, and therefore beyond physical perception. He is Aware of the minutest details.

6:115 Perfected is the Word of your Lord in Truth and Justice. None can change His Words and His Laws. This announcement comes to you from the Profound Hearer, the Knower.

Fee Amanillah

Dr. Shabbir

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Muhtaram brother Ali,

You know how much I honor your understanding of the Qur'an, Al-Hamdulillah!

So, I must gladly concede the point.

Gratefully your brother,
Wassalam,
SA
Shoaib Ali

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Shoaib Ali »

Salam brother Ali,

You are absolutely right about this Ayat......
6:103 No vision can encompass Him while He encompasses all vision. He is Subtile, Unfathomable, and therefore beyond physical perception. He is Aware of the minutest details.

In my opinion, this Ayat is referring to the time of Human beings stay at planet Earth.
In the end, we will meet our Lord in what shape or form, we do not know.

Salam
Wassalam
Shoaib Ali
Follower and learner of Quran Alone
Arnold Yasin Mol

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam uncle and all,

'Meeting with the Lord' can have many interpretations. To deduct the idea that God will take on a physical form is one of them, but I believe this scientifically and philosophical not really acceptable.

We are already 'meeting/experiencing' several Attributes in this Life, and we will experience all of them in full scale in the Next.

Liqa-anaa; Liqa comes from Liqaya which also means 'To experience, to Undergo, To endure'. I believe the whole definition of the word shows we will experience the Completeness of God in the Next Life.

The concept of 'seeing God' is build into our psyche. Mankind has an inner psychological urge to become one with Reality. The famous Psychologist Jung has written many books on these subjects. It is an urge to reach perfection and completion.

This idea of perfection is projected on God, this is why Supreme gods were always represented as the perfect human being. Many Christian and Greek/Roman painting have these psychological elements.

I myself believe that we will eventualy reach perfection and completion and will then be fully exposed to the Divine Will and Attributes in a matter which was not possible in this Life. God encompasses all existence, and this connection we will experience on the most high level possible in the Next Life.

I don't believe God needs to take on a physical form for us to experience/meet Him, as this physical form would not be God. He would then take on an illusion, which is not possible for God, the Haq, the Ultimate Reality. To take on that form would be, just like you said, only to please the believers. That form would not be Him, it would only be a symbol of Him. If it would be a form, it would be a symbolic one, but that would deviade people from the concept that God is All-Encompassing.

I don't believe in a merging with God, but I do believe in experiencing the All-encompassing God. That experience will truly be a 'meeting' with our Rabb. An experience where we are fully exposed to the Divine Will, the truth and Reality, all Attributes and His All-Encompassing nature.

This is my current deduction from the Quran, Science and Philosophy. I'm always open for new ideas, but my current God's Image does not agree with God taken on a form in any kind.
Our Beacon Committee

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Our Beacon Committee »

Quote from Shabbir for Muhtaram brother Ali,

You know how much I honor your understanding of the Qur'an, Al-Hamdulillah!

So, I must gladly concede the point.

Gratefully your brother,

Shabbir
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brother Ali bin Ali to PLEASE DECIDE.

Resubmitted after further reflection and some additions.

Let us keep in mind that our existence and the Divine Laws will be entirely different in the Next Life.

10:7 Those who do not look forward to meeting with Us, but please and satisfy themselves with petty delights of the worldly life, it is they, they who neglect Our Messages.

[Liqa-anaa = Meeting with Us. At other places ‘Meeting with the Lord’ is generally understood as meeting the Divine Law of Requital or Recompense. Some exponents apply ‘Meeting with the Lord’ to Resurrection alone.

In my humble opinion, since God is a Personal, Compassionate God, and a vast majority of His humble servants harbor an intense desire to see Him, He may not deny this Kindness to His servants.

We know that God is far too Glorious to have a physical image (anthropomorphic form), but He is Able to do all things. In the World of Command (AMR), He designs Laws as He wills. It is only in the World of Creation (KHALQ) that He implements those Laws, and then, never changes them.

So, He is absolutely Capable of devising any Law in His World of Command. I find myself in agreement with numerous Ahadith narrating that humans should be able to meet their Creator in the Next Life, not as a wishful thinking, but because they are in agreement with the Qur’an.

I do not certainly mean God assuming a physical form for 'meeting' with His servants, but in some way that is beyond our understanding at this time.

Let us ponder some verses as well that allude to a new creation of humans in forms unknown to us at this time, and entirely new Laws becoming operative in the New Universe.

56]

I sincerely and most humbly realize that my understanding here, and anywhere, may be absolutely wrong.

Comment from our learned brothers, especiallty Ali bin Ali of Madinah is strongly requested. Should this passage become a part of QXPiv?

PLEASE DECIDE!

A life-long student,

Arnold Yasin Mol

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam dear uncle,

With this understanding I do humbly 100% agree with. And I full heartly agree with this understanding:

I do not certainly mean God assuming a physical form for 'meeting' with His servants, but in some way that is beyond our understanding at this time.

I 100% believe we shall meet and experience our Rabb, but in which way is beyond our perception. As the Quran clearly states:

32:17 And no human being can imagine what blissful delights are kept hidden for them as a reward for what they used to do.

And I believe it is good that it is mentioned in QXP4, as this is a matter sometimes overlooked.
Shoaib Ali

Meeting With The Lord

Post by Shoaib Ali »

Salam brother Arnold,

Very well said!!!!
That was my point as well.

Regards & Salam
Wassalam
Shoaib Ali
Follower and learner of Quran Alone
abshoeb

Meeting With The Lord

Post by abshoeb »

Respected Br Dr Shabbir Ahmad Assalamalikum wa Rahmathullahi wa Thaala wa Barkathuhu

I am pondering some of related verses such as mulaqu rabbihim , and liqae Rabbihim such as

2:46 Who realize that they are destined to face their Lord’s Law of Requital and that every step of theirs takes them in the direction His Laws determine.

75:23 Looking up to their Lord.

and then let you know very soon .

My Respected Brother your understanding far far better than me and QXP is living proof. for that
and I agree what is your understanding about liqae Rabbi.

let me find out more proof for your presentation.

Fee Amanillah