One of the most important verses to remember!

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

One of the most important verses to remember!

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends, AA

Although there are quite a few verses in the Qur'an apprising us of the human touch in the Bible, 2:101 is indeed unique in preventing much unnecessary confusion and argument whether the Bible available in the blessed times of the exalted prophet had already been tampered with or not. Surely, it had been! For details, see THUS SPEAKS THE BIBLE online at this website.

Reflect upon the ALL Embracing Mercy of Allah that He still calls Jews and Nazarenes as PEOPLE OF THE BOOK!

2:101 And now that a Messenger has come unto them from God confirming the TRUTH IN WHAT THEY HAVE, a party among those who were given the Scripture before, cast the Book of God (the Bible) behind their backs as though unaware of what it says (concerning the advent of Prophet Muhammad).

In QXPi, I used to write, for example: Muslims believe in the (Divine Origin) of the Bible. Even better: We are required to believe in the surviving Truth in the Torah and Gospel. [2]

In QXPiv, I simply refer such verses to 2:101 within brackets.

Question: Are Hindus people of the book or not? In my humble understanding, PEOPLE OF THE BOOK is a title and it has been graciously, and exclusively bestowed upon the Jews and Nazarenes.

Hindus may be people of the book in generic terms, for, they do rightfully claim to possess books of Divine revelation, although grossly tampered with. But, the Qur'an does not grant the title to anyone else.

The human touch in the Scriptures is frankly admitted by Jewish, Christian and Hindu scholars of note.
Wassalam,
SA