Ossama Alsaadawi theories on hieroglyphic

Research on approach and understanding of Islamic History, Sunna and Hadith.
Deen Salleh

Post by Deen Salleh »

Salam Dr Shabbir/ Bro Arnold,

I just wanna know what do you think of Ossama Alsaadawi (Egyptologist) new findings of hieroglyphics which very similar to verses in Al-Quran.. Refer following link;

http://www.ossama-alsaadawi.com/_private/AE_Pictures.htm

i find it quite interesting. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Peace,

Deen Salleh
Mahmood Qasmi

Post by Mahmood Qasmi »

إِنَّ هَذَا لَفِي الصُّحُفِ الْأُولَى صُحُفِ إِبْرَهِيمَ وَمُوسَى
Behold, this has been said in the former Revelations as well. The Revelations of Abraham and Moses. (87:18/19)

The truth has been revealed to us many a times, and we have distorted it over and over again. Egypt has been mentioned at several instances in the Quran, especially for the accounts of Moses and Joseph, so I do agree that some of God's teaching would be reflected within the Ancient Egyptian belief system (possibly after Joseph/Imhotep.)

Having said that, while some of the work in general is indeed thought provoking, the iconography is too abstract to reflect the Quranic message (and in my opinion, may have been misinterpreted). What I would be interested in is someone who can independently analyze the textual glyphs that surround the main heiroglyphics this gentleman is presenting. I recognize some of the glyph symbols and can mark them out as stand-aloners, but am in no position to provide expert analysis or elaborate the message structure.

At least, it has to be taken with a grain of salt.
Mahmood Qasmi
Toronto, Canada
tammyswofford

Post by tammyswofford »

Having grown up very near Monte Alban, in Oaxaca valley in southern Mexico, I can attest as to the difficulty of understanding hieroglyphic texts. There were constant streams of anthropology students to the site to try to make heads or tails of some of the hieroglyphics. To this day, there is not a clear conclusion on what some of these strange symbols mean.

Tammy Swofford

Stick to the subject Tammy.
Deen Salleh

Post by Deen Salleh »

Salam Bro Mahmood Qasmi,

According to Ossama Alsaadawi, previous well known egyptologist have misinteprated the meaning.. If you checkout Ossama hieroglyphic dictionary than you can see how much he differ from the wellknown translation..

The great lion spinx of Giza according to Ossama is reflecting the great message of Abraham. As we do know that Mesopotamia (Nippur/Urr) the birth place or earlier residence of Abraham is well known for their lion symbol, so i'm not that suprise with Ossama statement.

Peace,

Deen Salleh