M.A. Jinnah, Founding Father of Pakistan - 1946

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

"In Islam, the ultimate obedience belongs to God alone.
The only way to follow His Guidance is the Holy Qur'an. Islam does not preach obedience to a king, parliament, person or any institution.

The Islamic government means Rule of the Qur'an. And how can you establish Rule of the Qur'an without an independent state? In this state, legislation will take place in the boundaries drawn by the Qur'an."

Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Daily Inqalaab, Lahore 8th Feb. 1942. (Husn-e-Kirdaar ka Naqsh-e-Tabinda by Allama Pervaiz)
---------------------------------------------
Wassalam,
SA
Saleena

Post by Saleena »

Dear Uncle, AA

Do you know the original source of this quote? I have seen it many times but have never found the original, nor have I ever confirmed the original date.
Deliver! - A news show with a difference, coming soon -
http://www.deliverancefilms.co.uk
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear beti,

Here is the quote with reference. Sorry for the delay, I just missed to see your question.

"In Islam, the ultimate obedience belongs to God alone.
The only way to follow His Guidance is the Holy Qur'an. Islam does not preach obedience to a king, parliament, person or any institution. Mind you, Pakistan will not be a theocracy in which the priesthood, according to their own whims, want to fulfill the Divine Mission.

The Islamic government means Rule of the Qur'an. And how can you establish Rule of the Qur'an without an independent state? In this state, legislation will take place within the boundaries drawn by the Qur'an. The Qur'an determines the limits of our freedom and restrictions."

Muhammad Ali Jinnah
addressing students in Hyderabad Deccan - 1941

[Daily Inqalaab, Lahore 8th Feb, 1942. Husn-e-Kirdaar ka Naqsh-e-Tabinda, 1952]
Wassalam,
SA