New Book: Collection of Prayers from the Quran

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
noman waseem

Post by noman waseem »

It took me a while to post here because I was not entirely sure what was meant by verses referring to prayers (hopefully I do now). This might be due to my own short coming, but an administrator might want to consider providing a more detailed explanation if necessary. Anyway, I have completely checked Surah 13 and found the following:

13:23 They will enter the Gardens of Eden, along with all who are righteous, of their parents, spouses and children. Angels will greet them at every gate.

13:24 Saying, "Peace be upon you, since you remained steadfast in your commitment! Ah, what an excellent final home!"

13:30 (O Messenger), We have sent you as We sent the Messengers before you so that you convey to them what We reveal to you, for in their ignorance, they deny the Most Gracious. Say, “He is my Lord, there is no deity except Him. In Him I put my trust and to Him is my recourse.”
Noman Waseem
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salam dear Noman,

It is very simple. We are searching for Dua's in the Quran. A Dua is always directed to Allah. It is a wish, prayer, demand for guidance and so on that you ask from Allah.
Safdar

Post by Safdar »

Sura 14.

14:35 (Mankind needs Divine Guidance to be saved from selfishness and greed. To teach justice and equity among people Abraham founded the Sacred Center 2:125). Recall that Abraham said, “My Lord! Make this a peaceful land and preserve me and my children from worshiping idols in any form.”

14:36 “My Lord! The keepers of these idols and temples mislead a great many people. Whoever will follow me, will be of me, as the relationships would stand on Ideology (2:124, 60:4). Anyone who rebels against me, his or her case shall be with You. You are Forgiving, Merciful. You provide sustenance indiscriminately (11:15).”
14:37 “Our Lord! I have settled some of my family in this barren, plant-less valley by your Sacred House. Our Lord! They are here to establish the Divine System. Give them the nobility of character so that the hearts of people incline toward them. Provide for them so that they may focus on their Mission and show gratitude by sharing Your heavenly and earthly blessings .”
14:38 “Our Lord! You know our intentions and proclamations. Nothing is hidden from Allah in the Low and High.”
14:39 “All Praise to Allah Who has given me sons like Ishmael and Isaac in later age! My Lord is indeed the Hearer of prayer.”
14:40 “My Lord! Enable me and my children to establish the Divine System. Our Sustainer! And (earnestly do I ask) accept the prayer.”
14:41 Our Lord! Grant the shelter of forgiveness to me, my parents, and the believers on the Day when the final reckoning comes to pass.” (9:114).
Safdar

Post by Safdar »

sura.15 checked found no Dua.

sura.16 checked found no Dua.
Maurice Abdullah

Post by Maurice Abdullah »

Peace be upon you all
these were extracted from the QXP CD by Searching words my lord & prayed, never double checked the Book.

17:23 (A benevolent society begins at home.) Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and always be kind to your parents. If one of them or both attain old age, do not utter the slightest harsh word to them. Never repel them and
17:24 Lower for them the wing of kindness and humility and say, "My Lord! Bestow upon them Your Mercy as they raised me since I was little.

17:80 Say, “My Lord! Admit me in honor and let me depart in honor at every juncture of my life, and help me with strong support.”

18:24 Add to your statement, “If my promise is not contrary to the Divine Physical Laws.” And remember your Lord if you forget your promise. Say, "I hope that my Lord will guide me even closer to the right course.”

20:25 Moses said, “My Lord! Expand my chest with confidence, courage and steadfastness. (94:1). formidable challenge becomes easy for me. (94:5).

20:27 Make me eloquent of speech.

20:28 That my word reaches the depths of their hearts.

20:29 And appoint a deputy for me from my folk.

20:26 Give me the strength that the

20:114 Know, then, that Sublimely Exalted is Allah, the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth. (O Prophet) Hasten not in the learning and implementation of the Message of the Qur’an before a particular revelation to you is completed. These Messages given to you shall be established in stages, but always say, “My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.” (75:16).

21:112 Say, “My Lord! Help us establish Your Rule.” And, “Our Lord is the Beneficent Whose help is sought against whatever falsehood you ever ascribe to Him.”

23:26 Said he, "My Lord! Help me, for they accuse me of lying."

23:93 (The believer should) pray, “My Lord! If you let me witness (in my life-time) what the wrongdoers are warned against,

23:94 My Lord! Then let me not be among them.” (8:25).

23:97 And say, “My Lord! I seek refuge with you from the prompting of the satanic forces of dissension (in my heart and among the enemy)."

23:98 And I seek refuge with you, my Lord, lest they come near me.”

23:118 And say, “My Lord! Grant me the protection of forgiveness absolving my imperfections and bestow Grace, for You are the Best of the merciful.”

26:83 My Lord! Grant me wisdom and good judgment, and count me among those who have perfected their "Self".

26:84 And grant me the ability to convey the Truth even to those who will come after me.

26:85 And include me among those who will inherit the Garden of Bliss.

26:86 And forgive my father (by letting him become worthy of it). For, verily he is of those who go astray. (9:114), (14:41), (19:47), (60:4).

26:87 And put me not to embarrassment the Day when people are raised.

26.88 The Day when wealth and children will not avail anyone.

26:89 And when only he will prosper that brings to Allah a noble heart." (37:85).

26:117 Thereupon he prayed, "My Lord! Behold, my people are accusing me of lying.

26:118 Hence, judge between me and them openly, and save me and my company of believers.”

27:19 Solomon smiled joyously at her words and said, "My Lord! Enable me to be grateful for your blessings upon me and my parents. Enable me to work for the betterment of humanity and thus please You. Include me, by Your Grace, among your righteous servants."

28:16 And he prayed, "My Lord! Verily, I have hurt my ‘Self’. Forgive me then.” And He forgave him – for, indeed, He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. (Moses had intended only to help the weak and not to kill the other man).

28:17 He said, "My Lord! For You have bestowed Your Grace on me, nevermore shall I be a supporter of the guilty."

28:21 So he escaped from there, fearful, vigilant. He said, "My Lord! Save me from the oppressive people."

28:24 So he watered their flocks for them; then he turned back to the shade (of the tree he had been relaxing under). And he said, "My Lord! I am in dire need of any good that You bestow upon me and any opportunity that You provide me for doing good."

29:30 He prayed, "My Lord! Help me against people who spread corruption and disorder."

37:100 (Abraham emigrated to Syria and prayed), “My Lord! Grant me the company of the righteous, and children who will be righteous.”

38:35 Solomon prayed, "O My Lord! Absolve my imperfections and bestow upon me the gift of a kingdom that may not suit anyone after me. Verily, You are the Giver of Gifts.” (He did not wish to leave his great kingdom in incompetent hands and in all probability was thinking of merit in preference over lineage).

46:15 Now, We have enjoined upon man goodness toward his parents. In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the child and his total dependence on her took thirty months. And so, when he attains maturity and reaches forty years, he says, "My Lord! Enable me to be grateful for the blessings You have given me and to my parents, and that I may do works that meet Your Approval. And cause my generations to be righteous as well. Verily, unto You I turn, and truly do I submit to You." (2:233), (7:189), (31:14).

60:4 Indeed there is an Excellent Pattern for you in Abraham, and his companions. They said to their folk, “Verily, we stay clear of you and of what you worship instead of Allah. We denounce you and between us and you has arisen distance and aversion until you believe in Allah Then he prayed, “Our Lord! In You we place our trust, unto You we turn, and unto You is the Final Destination. (9:113), (14:41), (19:47), (33:21), (58:22).

60:5 Our Lord! Let us not be made a target of persecution at the hands of the rejecters. And protect us, our Lord!” Verily, You, You alone are the Mighty, the Wise.” (‘Ghafara = Helmet, armor = Protection = Forgiveness = Absolution of faults = Protection against intrinsic or extrinsic loss).

71:26 And Noah said, "My Lord! Leave not any of these rejecters to dwell in this valley.

71:27 If you should leave them, they will mislead Your servants and they will only beget division and ingratitude.

71:28 My Lord! Grant unto me the protection of forgiveness and unto my parents and whoever enters my house in Faith, and unto all the believing men and the believing women (of all times). And increase the oppressors in nothing but ruin of their evil schemes."

Aleikum asallam
student for life
Maurice Abdullah Buddin
Ubuntu is a complete Linux-based operating system, free with both community & professional support, and I invite you to participate too! "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word that means "Humanity to others".
HASBUNA KITABULLAH