Impotant Issue Pertaining to Interpretation of Al-Quran

What is the Deen, System of Life, according to the Quran, and how and why is Islam a challenge to Religion?
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

To continue to share discussion with you from Free-minds.

RasulHamsa
Advanced Truth Seeker

Re: A very humble call/request for help with Qur'nic interperatation
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 07:02:55 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peace bkanwar2,

http://www.indiana.edu/~arabic/typing_arabic.htm
Type a word, and then copy-paste..

bkanwar2
Beginner/Inquirer

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 07:05:27 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, a million.

Badar Kanwar

Report to moderator 12.152.199.3

bkanwar2
Beginner/Inquirer

« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:52:29 PM » Quote

Samia, while waiting for your help about the issues indicated in the previous post. Let me continue to share my understanding that stems from concept of Jezm/sukoon

الرَّحِيمِ

Ar=Al "the" Rahimi= "Mercy"= The mercy

http://www.studyquran.org/LaneLexicon/Volume3/00000221.pdf

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ

Al= "the" Ham= "the decree"

http://www.studyquran.org/LaneLexicon/Volume2/00000271.pdf

Du= "in the land"

http://www.studyquran.org/LaneLexicon/Volume3/00000094.pdf

Li= "on account of" Allahi

so this part of verse should read as " The decree for the land on account of Allah"

Badar Kanwar MD., FCCP
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

From free-minds.org
I just want to bring this topic to forefront again. It is important as it has huge implication regarding Qur’anic understanding. I know that lot of contributors on this forum are doing very important work. One such work being assigning roots to the Qur’anic words. This concept of Jezm and Sukoon is very important in this respect.

Let us elaborate this with an example.
In translation of Sura Fatiha, the word
نَسْتَعِينُ

Almost everyone says, it's root to be ع و ن. However, I could not find a word like this in Lane under this root; nor could I find a grammatical explanation of any inflections. Although, if we separate it into two based on understanding of Jezm and Sukoon It becomes نس and تعين. Now it becomes very easy and clear. تعين IS PRESENT UNDER ROOT ع ى ن and نس UNDER ن س س

Badar
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

salam dr. Bader,

I found many words missing in Lanes dictionary too or maybe it's the online version. Anyway, if it can be of any help, do you understand Urdu? If you do, I recommend you read Lughat ul Quran and Mafhoom ulQuran by GA Parvez, you can get it from tolueislam.com. It has more than 25000 Arabic root words and ways to understand the Quran words as understood by Quresh Arabs. I heard from one of GA Parvez audio lectures, it's some 50 plus years of his work on arabic language and Quran. Hope it will help you find what you are looking for.

jazakAllah

UmeAimon
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

Dear Sister, Salam and thanks. Yes, Urdu is my mother tongue. I do have G.A Pervaiz's both mentioned books. This is a great work by a great scholar. However, it has certain limitations. In my humble opinion Lane's work is more comprehensive and complete, albiet not perfect either. Lane tried to translate all word's of Qureshi language not just Quranic. Hence it is much richer resource than Pervaiz's work in lots of respect. But thanks for the suggestions.

Badar
bkanwar2

Post by bkanwar2 »

A request to linguists on this board. Please share your understanding of TESHDID. Thanks.

Badar