149 - The Number Two Islam

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

149 - The Number Two Islam

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

This article was written in 2003.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
- Voltaire, 1694-1778
You cannot trust your judgment if your imagination is out of focus.
- Mark Twain, 1835-1910

I think, any distorted belief system throws our imagination out of focus. Consequently, our judgment and the resulting actions end up being wrong. While there is no room for clergy, priesthood or Mullahism in Deen-il-Islam, this vicious band emerged side-by-side when the Muslim rulers, although still called caliphs, became despotic monarchs. The Mullahs or “Imams” then converted Ad-Deen into Religion (Mazhab or the Number Two Islam) with a deplorable set of rituals, non-Quranic dogmas, beliefs, themes and fabrications of all kind.

Even today, they are the ones who refuse to grasp the Quran in its pristine form, to think rationally, or accept anything rational. And thus, they fall victims to blind following of their ancestors. Yet, they claim to be the custodians of Islam to the exclusion of all sensible ideas, and mislead the masses. I will not suspect every Mullah’s sincerity since their formal teaching in the Madrassahs disables them from independent thinking and reflecting on the Quran.

25:30 And the Messenger will say, “O My Lord! These are my people, the ones who had disabled this Quran making it of no account.” [Mahjoor = Disabled = Abandoned = Neglected. They had immobilized it like villagers who bind a cow by tying her front foot to her horn]

The latest example has been shown by the Taliban. Under very questionable practices similar to the “rain dance” of old Native Americans, the Taliban Mullahs had been conducting regular rain prayers (Namaaz-e-Istisqa) to end the severe drought in Afghanistan during 1996-2000. Results remained conspicuous by their absence. Did they stop and think for a moment? Yes and no! Perhaps they thought they were not praying enough!

The True Islam was implemented in the lifetime of the exalted Prophet Muhammad and his noble companions 14 centuries ago. No seeking mind can deny the glory of humanity in that era.

Human dignity, women rights, rule of law, justice and equity, freedom of religion, speech, true democracy and sanctity of human life, honor and property have been well documented in the surviving golden pages of history.

Never since that noble era has the world seen Islam as a collective System of Life anywhere.

To mention economic prosperity, the Islamic state of Madinah was the only Empire in all history where it had become impossible to find a person willing to accept charity. The would-be second Caliph of Islam, Omar the great, was the Chief Justice of the Empire in 633-34 CE. It is mind-boggling to learn that not a single case was brought to his court about theft, rape, murder, robbery, or any form of violent crime. Non-Muslims used to embrace Islam by watching and experiencing the beauty of the True Islam.

Now, the unfortunate antithesis: For the first time ever in the history of mankind the Number Two Islam, which guarantees misery, was implemented in full force by the Taliban. (Even the Arab Kingdoms and Sheikdoms were no match to them.) They were destined to be routed and thoroughly capitulated, and they have been.

The Quran boldly declares, “Do not ever, then, lose heart, and do not grieve, for you are bound to prevail if you are truly believers. (3:139)

It further states, “God has promised that those of you who will believe in the Divine laws and strengthen human resources, He will make them rulers on earth, as He granted rule to the previous nations. ..(24:55)

It appears that the developed countries, consciously or unconsciously, are greater and practical believers in the Quranic Laws.

I think it is about time that the Muslims worldwide stop and think. Is the Quran wrong?
No Sir/Madam, a great, great majority of Muslims in the world are not indeed believers. They think themselves as believers because they were born into the so-called Muslim families and are being charmed into thinking as such by the Mullahs just because of their firm belief in God and His Messengers. Mullahs do so BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE and because they want to keep their stranglehold on the masses and protect their false pride, honor and financial interests. Therefore, the so-called Muslims of today are slaves of false tradition and blind following.

THE LITMUS TEST: Before proceeding with the Number Two Islam (N2I) further, let me present a litmus test for the representatives of N2I. Any person, male or female, that preaches beard and Hijab (veiling) belongs to Number Two. This is because beard and veiling are not ordained in the Quran. They were borrowed by ancient Mullahs from their culture. N2Is often peddle beard as a Sunnah of the exalted Prophet. But it is also the Sunnah of Abu Jahal. During those times, amost all men used to grow beards as a cultural trait. Beard and veiling have become tools for them to get a false sense of gratification, of displaying piety, enslaving women, feeling proud and taking delight in ridiculing (as the second class Muslims) those who won’t grow beards or use Hijab. The Quran is the great Equalizer of humanity and the foremost Liberator of humans from all kinds of mental and physical bondage. Should we obey Allah or Mullah?

It very strongly upholds human rights and very forcefully declares, “There is no compulsion or coercion in religion.” (2:256). This rule has absolutely no exceptions.

Being a student of the Quran, the Bible and history, I have reached a conclusion. What is that conclusion? That in the third century after Prophet Muhammad (S), the so-called Imams of tradition, history, Fiqh (religious jurisprudence) and Hadith (the most unreliable sayings of the exalted Prophet Muhammad collected on hearsay centuries after his demise) imposed a religious Martial Law on people. They tried to extinguish the Quranic Light and very successfully bound the Muslim masses back in the same shackles that the Quran had so effectively smashed.

These criminals got vehement support from the rulers because the Number Two Islam catered to their evil and wicked desires; desires for harems, palaces, concubines, slaves, pomp and luxury.

The Quran being the foremost Equalizer of humanity had taught that just as God is One, mankind is one community. The only distinction among people could be based on good conduct. Color, wealth, ethnic origin, gender, geography, family, lineage, would not incur superiority or inferiority upon any human being. (49:13)

The inventors of the N2I i.e. the Mullahs and Sufis in various ways reverted the Muslims back to the era of Jahiliyyah (the Age of Ignorance). Writing books contrary to the Quran was only one of their methodologies. They stand responsible for throwing the imagination of Muslims out of focus. And we have seen that when our imagination is out of focus we cannot trust our judgment. The results have been horrendous. Muslims not only continue to live at subhuman levels, but their actions have harmed themselves and the “Family of God”.

Just as I believe that the Number Two Islam is a scourge of humanity, it is my conviction that the
True Islam encompassed by the Quran is the only hope for humanity. When I state that Islam is the only hope for humanity, I am in good company with such greats as George Bernard Shaw, Johann
Goethe, Allama Iqbal, Alphonse Lamartine, Rev. Bosworth Smith and the like.

The ideas that inspired the French Revolution and the Declaration of Rights that guided the Framing of the American Constitution and inflamed the struggle for independence in the Latin American countries [and elsewhere] were not inventions of the West. They find their ultimate inspiration and source in the Holy Koran.
- Robert Briffault (Making of Humanity)

Allow me to share one of my special concerns. I was naïve, and probably justifiably so, about twenty five years ago in thinking that the PhD Mullahs and the Western Islamic scholars would belong to a different stock than an ignorant Imam in a village in the East. No, no, not at all! The ‘Imamist’ Martial Law I referred to was so far reaching that even today it remains in full force behind the college degrees as much as behind the beard and veil.

We need to reform our Islamic schools in the East and West. They must refrain from preaching N2I (The Number Two Islam). They will be doing a great service to Islam and Muslims, the West, and the entire world if they revert to the Glorious Quran. Even here I have a word of caution.

Almost all translations and tafseers (explanations) of the Quran have been done by the proponents and followers of the Man-made, ‘Ajami’, Alien, Counterfeit Islam, the N2I. Let us not accept any interpretation without due reflection. Trying my best to find a satisfactory translation and failing, I had to undertake the daunting task myself. (This may be a good occasion to see my biography at the website.) Numerous knowledgeable people consider my humble English rendition of the Quran easy, accurate and reliable - “THE QURAN AS IT EXPLAINS ITSELF”.

Thanks, and may God bless you!

Shabbir, a life-long student
Wassalam,
SA