143 - Discussion vs Argumentation

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

143 - Discussion vs Argumentation

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Debate or Argumentation carries us nowhere, discussion or exchange of thought benefits all.

Even the exalted Prophet was commanded only to plainly convey the Message.

10:108 Say, "O Mankind! Now has come to you the truth from your Lord. So whoever chooses to follow the right path, follows it for the good of his own ‘self’. And whoever chooses to go astray, goes astray to the hurt of his own ‘self’. And I am not a guardian over you."
10:109 (O Messenger) follow what is revealed to you and be steadfast in adversity until God issues His Judgment. And He is the Best of judges.

17:54 Your Lord is best Aware of you (what you are, what you do and what you deserve). He will bestow His grace upon you or He will chastise you according to His laws. We have not sent you (O Prophet) as a warden over them.

SHOAIB a.s.

11:85 "So, O My people! Always give full measure and weight with equity and do not deprive people of what is rightfully theirs. Do not spread corruption and disorder in the land.”
11:86 “That which God gives you as just profit is better for you if you believe. But I am not a guardian over you."
Wassalam,
SA