BLOG 29 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know #4

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 29 - Islam: What The West Needs To Know #4

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

REBUTTAL – 4
April 17th, 2008 by Dr. Shabbir

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-871902797772997781

The video continues in the most amicable manner with all participants adopting an extremely friendly attitude, speaking in a heart winning manner and body language.

Mr. Abdullah Al-Araby: The bespectacled, very personable gentleman says, “I believe that those terrorists that want to do harm to others are applying the true Islam that was practiced by Muhammad and his followers in the early stage of Islam.”

Answer: Dear Sir, with all due respect, it appears that you have presented some very biased history of Islam, and that, without pointing out the source of your information. Almost all histories reiterate the fact that the exalted prophet, in his entire life, never even pricked any person with a needle.

Exception: A most staunch enemy, Umayyah bin Khalaf, had traveled all the way from Makkah along with a well armed soldiery of 3000 men for the Battle of Uhud near Madinah against greatly outnumbered Muslims. When he tried to attack the prophet, he only touched the man with his spear without wounding him in the least. Ibn Khalaf ran bewildered, screaming loud, so much so that his own friends taunted him for making a big deal out of nothing. He said, “You do not know what I do. I know I’m not injured but I also know that it was through the hand of Muhammad.”

Dear Sir, the entire history will fail to give you a single example other than this of the exalted prophet’s “extreme hostility” against any human being.

Now, the Creed of Islam is shown on the video,
THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET

Respectfully, a minor correction by Shabbir:
There is no god but the One True God, and Muhammad is His Messenger.

Mr. Robert Spencer: Muhammad is revered today as the perfect man in Islamic Theology, a model par excellence and the primary model of human behavior.

Answer: Respected Sir, if you were truly aware of the noble character of Muhammad (S), you would agree with the Qur’an and numerous great western minds that the exalted prophet was indeed a role model for all mankind.

The Glorious Book presents his own life as witness to this truth and not a single person could deny it in his life-time. Can there be a better criterion of the nobility of character?

10:16 Say, “…. I have dwelt among you a whole lifetime before this. (You have always called me Al-Ameen, the trustworthy and Sadiq, the truthful). Will you not, then, use your reason?”

68:4 (O Prophet) Indeed, you have sublime morals.

Sir, not even the worst enemies of the exalted prophet could challenge these statements of the Qur’an.

Alphonse de LaMartaine - Historie de la Turquie, Paris, 1854:
… If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astonishing results are the three criteria of a human genius, who could dare compare any great man in history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws, and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples, dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and the souls.

Reverend Bosworth Smith - Muhammad and Muhammadanism, London, 1874:
… Head of the State as well as the Church, he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without the Pope’s pretensions, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar, without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a police force, without a fixed revenue. If ever a man ruled by a right divine, it was Muhammad, for he had all the powers without their supports. He cared not for the dressings of power. The simplicity of his private life was in keeping with his public life….
Wassalam,
SA