BLOG 3 - WAS VICTOR DEMON-POSSESSED?

Welcome to New and Improved Beacon Forum. Here all General Discussions and News items can be posted and discussed.
Dr. Shabbir

BLOG 3 - WAS VICTOR DEMON-POSSESSED?

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

KARACHI 1960 - WAS VICTOR DEMON-POSSESSED

False beliefs are no respecters of college degrees. Ignorance of the Qur’an hurts Muslims as well as non-Muslims.

Victor Maseeh was exactly my age 13, a nice, bright teenage friend and neighbor in Karachi. We studied in the same school.

One day while we were in grade ix, he fell down at home, had convulsions and became unconscious. His highly educated parents thought that some demon had possessed the little boy, and drove him fast to the nearby church. A priest promptly confirmed their diagnosis and sang the Song of Solomon along with deacons and nuns. Surely, Victor woke up in a few minutes. His father’s wallet was lightened into Mother Mary’s treasury resting in the reverend’s long coat pocket. In retrospect, I think that the priest knew the self-limiting nature of the episode but, after all, a mullah he was, though Christian. (I said in a previous post that birds of the same feather flock together. Clergy of all religions has some common features.)

A week later, Victor fell unconscious again. An elderly relative advised that worn out leather shoes would scare the hell out of demons. Victor’s parents made the unconscious teenager smell the oldest stinky shoes available. Victor became fine again, in a few minutes.

A wise Muslim nurse of 80 years tried to explain that there was no demon involved and that the poor kid was having epileptic seizures and needed to see a doctor. But the parents got annoyed. They had memorized from the church such verses:

Mark 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

1:39 And he preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.
5:8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
5:9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
5:12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
5:13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

Mathew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

- Dr. Marcus Dods - Muhammad, Buddha and Christ

Al-Qur’an 4:51 Are you not aware of those who, after receiving their share of the Book, believe in JIBT (baseless mysteries, magic, future-telling, astrology, clairvoyance, evil eye, good and bad omens, amulets, dreams and prophecies, palm-reading, soothsaying, superstitions of all kind, jinn or demon-possession of people, exorcism, blowing verses and senseless words on people or in food and drink, counting names on rosaries). And they believe in Taaghoot (the evil humans who try to play God with their tyranny or with their religious exploitation as priests and monks, Mullahs and Sufis of any religion)? And then they claim that they, the deniers (of the Qur’an) are better guided than the believers in the Book!

Victor’s highly educated parents continued to refuse seeking medical attention. One day, as we were returning from school, the 13 year old Victor fell on the street. I placed my wooden scale in his mouth to avoid a tongue bite. Tens of people gathered trying in vain to hold his convulsions and making him smell the most worn out shoe available. He went into status epilepticus (unabated seizures) and … quickly breathed his last. Ah, Shabbir lost a very fine friend and neighbor who might have been practicing medicine with him right here in Florida!

Question: Can you tell who and what killed the promising child?
Wassalam,
SA