Dr. Hany Atchan

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
mrazik

Dr. Hany Atchan

Post by mrazik »

Please find below the link of 2 videos of Dr. Hany Atchan.

Who were Abel & Cane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrx3zdVUcW8

What was the dream of Joseph (Yusuf) in Quran? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVm1g6PZVu4

Both the videos presents entirely different and new concepts.

Dr. Hany Atchan has uploaded many videos on his youtube channel "Marvelous Quran".

Kindly watch and comment.

Razi Khan
mrafi

Re: Dr. Hany Atchan

Post by mrafi »

Very long. He should shorten his presentations
jawaidahmed

Post by jawaidahmed »

Can you summarise Abrahamic Locution?
mrazik

Post by mrazik »

Dr. Hany has adopted a methodology in which he derives meaning of words or phrases from the different stories
as mentioned in the Quran instead of dictionary or undersanding of Arabic language. According to him Allah has
fixed the meaning of word or pharse by contextualizing it in some other parts/stories of Quran. For his methodolgy
you may watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAAlwfNmMd4.

And as per his methodology he has translated word "LISAAN" of Ayat 14:4 as "Locution" instead of usual translation as Language
and has explained it, in detail in his following Video:

Why did the Quran NOT MENTION CHINESE PROPHETS? Or AFRICAN, GREEK, INDIAN, SOUTH AMERICAN, etc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqZPv8jmcw

Razi Khan
jawaidahmed

Post by jawaidahmed »

Deriving meanings from other verses is called cross-referencing and is used by all good scholars, it narrows the meaning of words down to a Qur'an based one. I like his take on Cain and Abel.

I am always wary of anyone claiming to be the first one to work out the meaning of the Qur'an that no-one has done before, particularly when he says Allah speaks to everyone and new insights need to be evaluated outside of the "I have seen the light" mental state some box themselves into.

His understanding works well in some circumstances but as for him not referencing the Arabic language, poetry and the best parts from the scholars of the past, this leads to him not understanding metaphors. For example, he says that the hand of Moses was deformed and made whole as a miracle or like lizards can regrow limbs, to present to Pharaoh, when there are no miracles in the Qur'an and taking metaphorical verses as literal has been condemned, though I do not have to have two guesses that he does not accept this understanding of the Qur'an:

3:7 (The Book He has sent down, bears an important Principle.) He is the One Who has revealed to you (O Prophet) the Scripture. In it some verses are fundamental (literal with established meanings), while some verses are allegorical. The verses that pertain to Permanent Values have been presented literally. These verses, Muhkamat, are the essence of the Divine laws. But abstract phenomena, some historical events, and the World of the Unseen are described in similes, metaphors and allegories (Mutashaabihaat) for your understanding. But those who are given to crookedness in their hearts pursue the allegories and try to give them literal meanings, thus creating dissension of thought. None encompasses their final meaning (of such as the Essence of God, His Throne, His Hand, His Book of Decrees, the exact mode of revelation on the heart of the Messengers, the Eternity) but God. Those who are well founded in knowledge understand why the allegories have been used and they keep learning from them. They proclaim the belief that the entire Book is from their Lord. As the human knowledge evolves, more and more allegories will unfold their literal meaning. But only the men and women of understanding will bear this fact in mind. [Every verse of the Qur’an is absolute truth. The context enables us to understand which ones are to be taken literally and which ones are to be taken allegorically. Each verse in the Book complements another. Many of today’s allegorical verses will become literal as the human knowledge evolves. 11:1, 39:23, 41:53, 47:20, 74:31]
jawaidahmed

Post by jawaidahmed »

Dr Hany Atchan has just announced that Zul-Qarnain is the Last Messenger, Muhammad.

Some of what he says make some sense but can others view his videos and comment intellectually on this as he seems to be ignoring my comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_k-Kv56KB8
ATruther

Post by ATruther »

Empty your Cup. I sincerely feel most of you are not going to get it.
jawaidahmed

Post by jawaidahmed »

Hany uses the mind technique of only those who can see the Emperors New Cloths are intelligent.

My cup runneth over. Emptying mind is sufi nonsense, Hany's methodology does not eliminate all of the nonsense, and he mentions Moses hand was made whole like a lizards so I see why he is of interest to you!