User Friendly

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
admin
Site Admin

Re: User Friendly

Post by admin »

ualis123 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:04 pm SalamunAlaikum,

It is really hard to navigate this forum and you cannot search the topics as it was so easy to do so in the old forum.
My request is to keep the old forum up just for searching the topics as it really helped to extract the information and discuss it with my family and friends.

Jazak Allah
Have you tried the built-in search engine on this new forum?

The powerful search system lets users find topics, posts, and users. Here are some of the salient features:

• Customized Topic Search: Users can search for a particular post from within a topic using various filters and sorting options.

• Customized Forum Search: Users can search for a particular post or topic from within a forum using various filters and sorting options.

• Fulltext Native: Database fulltext native is the built-in search backend used for searching the forum.

• MySQL Fulltext: phpBB includes a fully functional MySQL fulltext plugin which allows for improved search capabilities in MySQL databases.

• PostgreSQL Fulltext: phpBB includes a fully functional PostgreSQL fulltext plugin which allows for improved search capabilities in PostgreSQL databases.

• Sphinx Fulltext: phpBB includes a fully functional Sphinx fulltext plugin which allows for improved search capabilities.

• Author Search: Search for a list of topics or posts by a particular author.

Advanced Search:
• phpBB's search system allows for a full range of filters and options to be set when performing a search, such as timeframe, post author, or within multiple forums. Wildcard searches are also supported.

• View Unanswered Posts: phpBB's search system can find a list of all topics on the board or in a forum which have no replies.

• Active/New Topics: The search system can find topics which have been very active or have a certain number of replies.

• Posts Since Last Visit: Shows users a list of posts and topics which have been made since their last visit to the board.

• Search Flood Control: phpBB can be configured to limit the number of searches that can be performed in a specified time interval.
1RationalThinker

Re: User Friendly

Post by 1RationalThinker »

Gentlemen/Ladies:

Actually phpBB is a free (open source) software. It is easier to use and has a better looking interface than the previous one. Just go to the top ribbon on the left where it says Quick links. There you have 5 options and a search magnifying glass. Use this to search for any topic that is in the database. May be our friendly IT admin can post a one page "instructions" to use this new forum interface.

My humble request is to keep this forum and give it some time for the users to learn. Maybe I will put out a set of instructions to use this forum in very near future. Trust me this is one of the top 5 or 6 forum softwares available today.

Thank you. :D