Mixed Signals From The Bearded Brigade

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

MIXED SIGNALS FROM THE CRIMINAL MULLAHS

May 15th, 2009 by Dr. Shabbir

MIXED SIGNALS FROM THE CRIMINAL MULLAHS

Pakistanis must know that they are not only facing an ‘existential threat’ but a DO OR DIE situation NOW.

While the Pakistan parliament adjourned yesterday with clearly positive decisions, the criminal Mullah brigade is busy sending mixed signals to the nation. “Taliban are right in demanding Shari’ah,” they maintain. They keep accusing the government of not doing enough for the internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the region. “The army must not take action even if there is a risk of a single person getting caught in the crossfire,” they say. [Obviously, this is superficially a compassionate, but practically an impossible strategy.] Instead of boosting morale, Mullahs like Fazlur Rahman Diesel are, in all urgency, branding the highly effective army action a “failure”.

Hardly any Mullah tells people what the Taliban’s barbaric Shari’ah is and seldom anyone of them denounces suicide bombing and random explosions openly. Is it conceivable that some Mullahs right here in the USA would call them “martyrdom operators?” Of course it is inconceivable, but unfortunately it is true. (We would not give them free publicity by naming their publications here.)

Barrister Aitizaz Ahsan has correctly suggested that videos of the countless atrocities committed by the terrorists should be shown on TV networks as daily reminders to the people of Pakistan. I also suggest that the gallant generosity of the people of Pakistan toward the displaced population must be highlighted every day.

I cannot think of any country in the world whose people would host about 80 per cent of the IDPs in their own homes although most of the Ansaar (Helpers) are not wealthy enough. Less than 20 per cent of the immigrants are going to the camps set up by the government and philanthropic individuals and organizations. This reminds me of the brotherhood created by the exalted prophet between the immigrants (Muhajireen) from Makkah and their hosts (Ansaar) in Madinah.

59:9 Also true are those who resided in the city (Madinah) before them and attained faith. They love those who immigrated to them, and find no hesitation in their hearts in helping them. They give them preference over themselves, even though poverty be their own lot. And whoever is saved from greediness of the heart, such are the ones who truly prosper.

9:100 The foremost among the emigrants and the helpers, as well as those who followed them in noble deeds: God’s will is in harmony with them and their will in harmony with Him. He has made ready for them the evergreen Gardens, wherein they will abide eternally. This is the Supreme Triumph. [Muhaajireen = Emigrants (from Makkah). Ansaar = Those who hosted them (in Madinah). Radhi-Allahu ’anhum wa radhu ‘Anh also translates as, “God is well-pleased with them and they are well-pleased with Him.”]

4:75 What has happened to you that you do not fight in the cause of God? Defenseless men, women, and children are being oppressed and crying, “Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors, and raise for us protectors and helpers.” [God does not fight in person, nor does He send His armies or angels in physical form. 22:39]

4:76 Those who believe fight in the cause of God (against persecution or in self-defense ... benign aggression). But the unbelievers fight in the cause of Taaghoot (tyrannical, aggressive forces ... malignant aggression). So fight against those friends of the devil. The devil’s strategy is ever weak. [Taaghoot = False gods = Tyrants = Oppressors = Deceptive clergy = Oppressive systems = Those who play god]

The government, beyond doubt, is using all its resources to make life as comfortable for them as possible. The country must be grateful to all NGOs, the UNO and foreign support to the afflicted innocents. The nation must honor the brave soldiers who are sacrificing their lives to protect the citizens and save the country.

Here are the salient “features” of the Wahhabi-Taliban-Terrorist Shari’ah again. It was posted on our website by the Taliban spokesman, Muslim Khan.

Contd and:

Needs editing. Please read this again tomorrow.
Wassalam,
SA
Hasan Shabbir, Islamabad

Post by Hasan Shabbir, Islamabad »

Remember the day Prophet Muhamamd PBUH gathered all his companions that included his friends of Madinah and that of Makkah who migrated with him and that day, he made everyone brother of other. The new brothers then shared their homes, businesses and all resources with the new comers and formulated a brilliant Islamic society.

Today, we have more than 1.5 million [still counting] effectees of swat. They left their homes and all their belongings and now homeless. In the time of need, why we are not helping our brothers. We want you to rise up and do everything to save humanity. A simple model of “every one, support one” can save us from a big disaster.

Jago Pakistan, along with Pakistan Youth Alliance, Payaam Foundation, Bahum and other NGOs is collecting donations for effectees. Please be generous and do what ever you can do. If you don’t trust we guys, just join us and see yourselves how we are working and how we are busy with this volunteer work. Our philosophy and policy is OPEN. We have open accounts that you can see anytime. We need volunteers for our camps in Islamabad and Lahore. We request boys and girls of all ages to work with us right now. Please consider it as your own problem and don't be just part of it, but just lead the campaign. Together we can, make the difference.

May God save your homes and you never become homeless.

for more info, please contact : Hasan Shabbir 01192321 5393145
Harmeet Kaur, Hasan Abdal

Post by Harmeet Kaur, Hasan Abdal »

HASAN ABDAL: The Gurdwara Panja Sahib, located in Hasan Abdal, has so far received 340 displaced families from places as far away as Swat and Malakand. Many of those who turned up at the Gurdwara fled their homes with only their clothes on their back.

Dr Ashok, a six-foot-tall man hailing from the Pir Baba village in Buner, said he decided to leave his home when there was a lull in fighting. “We headed for Hasan Abdal, because this is the only place we know,” he added.

While children play in the courtyard of the Gurdwara and women wash their clothes in the water channel down below, Dr Suran Singh of the Pak-Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhan Committee worries about how to cater for the growing number of arrivals. Dr Singh, a homeopathic doctor, left his clinic in Buner and fled with his six family members packed in his small Suzuki on April 28. Back home, he was an elected member of the local council. Since his arrival in Hasan Abdal, he has taken charge as spokesman and chief organiser of the group. He said the only thing people wanted now was to go home.

Many people are still left behind in the troubled areas. The fighting on the main highway has discouraged them from travelling and there is hope that they will come once there is a break in the curfew and fighting. Dr Singh said in many ways, the Sikhs had been lucky to have a place to come to. “Many of our Muslim neighbours and friends have ended up in tents,” he said, adding that the reason why most had fled was because of fear of shelling.

When asked about the Jiziya tax that the Taliban were believed to have imposed on the Sikhs living in areas controlled by the militants, Dr Singh said these reports were untrue. “I have not been approached.

In fact, the Taliban came to my area on April 4 and for almost a month, we lived under their control. We only fled when the fighting intensified.” However, others said they had indeed heard of the tax. “I know families in Tirah who were told to pay,” said one young man. Others said the Taliban had held some Sikhs against their will and imposed a levy on the community. One man said the Taliban confiscated the homes of the people who fled rather than paid the tax.

Most of the Sikh families which arrived in Hasan Abdal left behind a family member; many of them in the areas which were under intense firing and shelling. Others closed their homes, shops, clinics and offices and moved out.

Many worry about their family members back home. Others said they fear the worst once they get back. Almost all of the men and women from the Sikh community, who arrived from the troubled areas, are educated and from middle-income backgrounds. Most of them speak Pushto fluently and feel at home in the wider Pukhtoon community.

Some worry that their properties would be targeted and looted once the violence dies down. Others hope and pray that they get the opportunity to rebuild their homes and lives. One sign that their stay at Hasan Abdal would be longer than expected is that the children are being offered admission in the school adjoining the Gurdwara.

Some Sikh women are already spending time at the school teaching for a few hours. They said this helped release their stress. As the capacity of the Gurdwara to accommodate people reaches its limit, the Sikhs have started to rent places around the town. But rentals have also gone up, given the unexpected demand. Locals also worry that the arrival of so many Sikh families may upset the ethnic balance of the little town.

Manzoor Bhatti, the caretaker of the Gurdwara, belongs to the Evacuee Trust Property Board. He said the Sikhs, many of whom are professional doctors and engineers, were happy to run their own affairs. So far, both the government and the United Nations have helped with the supplies.

However, to sustain such a large number over a longer period would be difficult. He said he was hoping for the best. This optimism is shared by people like Sandeep Kumar, a student of the Edward’s College in Peshawar. He said his family never migrated to India after partition, “because the Muslims in our area begged us to stay on.” Now, however, “we have been forced out by the extremists, not our neighbours.”

Asked to comment on the offer to migrate to India, Dr Suran Singh said with a smile: “We are Pakhtoons first and Sikhs later. These times are troubling for all the Pakhtoons, not just the Pakistani Sikhs. We need to fight this challenge together.” This is a sentiment shared by many of the people, who have taken refuge in the Gurdwara.

Fatima Bhutto

Post by Fatima Bhutto »

Pakistan Will Defeat Taliban Militarily: PM

Islamabad

The Taliban will be defeated militarily in the security forces' operations in the country's restive northwest, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani declared here Thursday, on a day when the army chief paid a surprise visit to the battleground.

"Militarily we will win the war, but it will be unfortunate if we loose it publicly," Gilani said while intervening in the National Assembly, the lower house of parliament, during the debate on the military operations that entered their 19th day Thursday.

Referring to the nearly one million internally displaced persons (IDPs) who have fled the fighting in three districts of the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), Gilani said: "They are our brothers, sisters and children and we should win their minds and hearts."

According to the prime minister, the people of Pakistan have "the same passion and love for these displaced persons which they displayed after the 2005 earthquake" that had claimed upwards of 80,000 lives and rendered some 3.3 million homeless in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir.

Another 1,400 people were killed in India-controlled Kashmir.

During the visit to Swat, army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani met the military commanders leading the troops in the fighting, Geo TV reported, adding that he was also briefed about the progress made in the operation.

The visit, a clear indication that the military was making headway against the Taliban, came a day after heliborne troops captured Peochar, the headquarters of Swat Taliban commander Maulana Fazlullah.

Fazlullah is the son-in-law of Taliban-backed radical cleric Sufi Mohammad who had brokered a controversial peace accord with the NWFP government and whose violation by the militants had prompted the military action April 26.

The operations had begun in the Lower Dir district to the west of Swat and later spread to Buner, which is just 100 km from Islamabad.

On Friday, Kayani will brief the parliamentarians on the military operations, in which over 800 militants have been killed so far.

Parliament will also be informed of the army's "exit policy" from the troubled areas once the operations achieve their targets, Gilani said in the National Assembly.

The Pakistani media Thursday lauded the operations, saying the military had made "significant advances" against the Taliban.

"It is clear that significant advances have been made in recent days and the Taliban are now on the defensive," Dawn said in an editorial headlined "As the battle heats up".

"Given the appeasement policies of successive governments, perhaps they never expected so ferocious a response," it added.

The editorial also said the capture of Peochar "will have a huge bearing on the wider fight against militancy", the editorial said, adding that the capture or surrender of Fazlullah may demoralise the militants who still control Mingora, Swat's largest city, "and lead to desertions in other areas as well".

This apart, a rout of the Fazlullah-led Taliban "may also destabilise their counterparts in the tribal belt, which must become the focus of counter-insurgency efforts once peace is achieved in Swat".

At the same time, the editorial noted that a Taliban setback in Swat could "also produce the reverse effect in the tribal areas. It may serve as a catalyst for binding together the loose confederation of militants operating there and ultimately produce a more united fighting force".

Daily Times noted that the National Assembly had lined up behind the military operation.

During a debate in the house, politicians across the spectrum "were of the opinion that it should be pursued till the end of the Taliban terrorists to avoid a national disaster.

"Independent surveys tell the same story. Over 70 percent people in Pakistan agree that the Pakistan Army has to face up to the Taliban threat," said the editorial, headlined "Going after the terrorists in Swat".

The prestige of Pakistani Army chief had gone up as had that of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, it added.

"The media has also lined up behind the operation realising that it is now a national cause, not a little affected by the reckless killing and banning of journalists by the Taliban," the editorial said.

Muhammad Rafi

Post by Muhammad Rafi »

Dr.Sahab

Thank you very much for your kind words. I rely on enlightened scholars like you to understand what is happening around. I pray that Allah grant me even 10% of your courage and insight.

Regards

Sincerely

Muhammad Rafi
Muhammad Rafi

Post by Muhammad Rafi »

Respected Doctor Sahab

In response to my views I have received a mail from a friend of mine who is a Retired Commodore. I am attaching the response for the kind information of Our Beacon fraternity.

Regards

Muhammad Rafi

Dear Professor Sahib,Please read it to the end and the attachment too,

I feel it is not just in Punjab, your observation applies to all over Pakistan. Places like Binoree Town Madressa, Abubakar Madressa, DarulUlum with a plot of a few acres on the University Road in Karachi, (So Called) Justice Taqi Usmani's seminary are a few examples that operate in the heart of Karachi. These seminaries have a few thousands of Talibs (Students) Once I attended a party in Dehli Mercantile Society. There, I came across a Businessmen, who proudly said he was financing four Medressas; one in Karachi, one on the outskirts of Karachi, one in NWFP and one in Turbat. While he was telling us so he served us with dates from Turbat that were grown in his Madressa in Turbat. He said he had planted these trees himself when he had started the Madressa. I surveyed areas in Sindh Baluchistan, in 2001, for opening Bahria Foundation Schools. I visited Sangahar, Nawab Shah, Naushehro feroze, Sukker, Khairpur Mirs, Gwadar, Quetta, Ziarat, Loralai, Kohlu and a few more smaller towns. I travelled by road and stayed in Rest Houses, I went for prayers in mosques and a number of times stopped in small roadside villages to say prayers. I found these Madressas everywhere. These are funded by the traders and businessmen from mainly the bigger cities of Pakistan. They call themselves likes of Ashab-e-Sufa. The problem is so deep embedded that in our life time it is difficult to get over it. The fault is with not only ZiaulHaq but successive rulers in 60 years who did not open schools all over the country, while another group of economic venturers(Graduates of these Madressa and Mosque and mosque side land grabbers) continue to spread like virus all over the body. In reply to a similar E-mail I had once proposed a few steps, I am attaching these with this reply.

Please do read it and let me have feed back.

Sadeed