daughters of Zion

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
MONA MIR

daughters of Zion

Post by MONA MIR »

Can any body let me know about "daughters of Zion", why it is written in bible at several places and even in america more often it is said " daughters of america", will anybody throw some light over it?, thanks.
Dr. Shabbir

daughters of Zion

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

You mentioned no verse. Can you kindly refer to any other verses of the Bible about daughters of Zion?

Here is some reference.

SONG OF SOLOMON 3:11

Come out, you daughters of Zion, and look at King Solomon wearing the crown, the crown with which his mother crowned him on the day of his wedding, the day his heart rejoiced.

OT 22 SONG OF SONGS

[Can we read this to our sisters and children? The song is ascribed to Solomon. According to many ancient bishops and recently Rev. Ted Winston, this abomination must be expunged from the Bible]

OT 23 THE BOOK OF ISAIAH

3:16 ----, Because the daughters of Zion ----, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

OT 29 THE BOOK OF JOEL

3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

As I recall, Zion is the name of a hill in Jerusalem where God is supposed to dwell. Allegorically, any Jewish lady is referred to as the daughter of Zion.
Wassalam,
SA