Revolutionist versus Orthodox

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Muhammad Latif Chaudhery

Post by Muhammad Latif Chaudhery »

I have yet to hear a person saying " The Quran is not enough". Cerainly the Quran is complete, perfect and self explanatory but the point is that Quran is not for enjoying the beauty of its text. It has to be acted upon and for the implementation of its values and principles in our practical life we have to think of ways and means and work out modalities according to needs of our time. We are not new to Islam. Our experience of living as a Muslim is of more than 1400 years. We have a rich heritage to our advantage. Presently we are split up in two groups; one is of the view that ways and means worked out by the exalted prophet are conclusive and we should continue following them as they have been handed down to us. The other group comperatively a small one is of the opinion that our history is doubtful and our circumstances have changed. We should therefore review the ploicy of being ritualistic. The position, as I know is that my honourable friends belonging to this group have abandoned everything and have resolved to hold up as such until they are able to vote down the practices in vogue.

Incidentally I may mention that having resolved to abide by the dictates of Quran and Sunnah, the people of Pakistan decided in 1973, to continue with the current laws and find out through a Central Body of experts, set up for this pupose, if any of these laws (public or personal) are repugnant to Quran and Sunnah. This system of screening, as I know, is far too simple involving no costs and legalities, yet I have not heard of any reference made by heralds of Quran alone, against any laws, usage, custom or creed, envisioned, enforced or in practice as being contradictory to Quran. What then is the cry? Is it not that by revolting againt the practices in vouge. without suggesting an alternative, we are trying to distract poeple from what little they are doing in the name of Islam? No one should have the right to ridicule the existing Jurisprudence and accuse men of letters, without producing a revised one, acceptable to majority of people.

Please be informed that I am not talking of the researchers and pioneers who have lived for the glory of Quran. To me they are being misused.

Muhammad Latif Chaudhery
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

Quotes on Religion. ( Book of Quotes).

The religions we call false were once true. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Religion consists of a set of things which the average man thinks he believes and wishes he was certain. Mark Twain

Religion is the last refuge of human savagery. Alfred North Whitehead

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. Sir Richard Francis Burton

All religions must be tolerated...for...every man must get to heaven in his own way. Frederick II the Great

One religion is as true as another. Robert Burton

Many have quarreled about religion that never practice it. Benjamin Franklin

All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.Marie Henri Beyle

Religion is love; in no case is it logic. Beatrice Potter Webb

Men will wrangle for religion; write for it; fight for it; die for it; anything but - live for it.

Charles Caleb Colton

I could not say that I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself something that people call God. Carl Gustav Jung

We have just enough religions to make us hate each othere but not one to make us love one another. Jonathan Swift

A cult is a religion with no political power. Tom Wolfe

When is a question of money everybody is of the same religion. Francois Voltaire

Priests are no more necessary to religion than politicians to patriotism. John H. Holmes

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness. The Dalai Lama

Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training for it trains people as to how they shall think. Arthur Shopenhauer

The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences. Unknown

Most have quarreled about religion that never practice it. Benjamin Franklin

God is for men and religion is for women. Joseph Conrad

He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not possess them needs religion. Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

(My humble addition )

If rulers and priest ever become one, its sure death for civilization. But it will not happen. God is taking care of us. Sidqi.

Sidqi. CA
Afsara Sheikh

Post by Afsara Sheikh »

Sir, are you saying that we should let the stinky trash lie heaped in our front yard? Are you saying that the Ajmi Islam must go on? What do you mean by vogue?

An humble suggestion: You live in Lahore so please visit Idara Tulu Islam, 25B Gulberg II for some free pamphlets.