Asghar Ali Engineer on What can be done

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
anwer

Post by anwer »

Asghar Ali Engineer, A progressive bohra of India suggests institutional reform (madrassa reforms) for muslim to be out current situation in muslim world, change in mindset, using Quran in modern context.

nice article.

What ails the Islamic world, and what can we do to heal it?

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/news/327/64/What-ails-the-Islamic-world-and-what-can-we-do-to-heal-it/
Sikandar Khan

Post by Sikandar Khan »

If you under-rate Pakistan as being the only Muslim nuclear power and the most essential part of the Ummah, then you may not belong to this forum. Take your traitor stupidity somewhere else.

BTW what is your question on Islam?
likhari

Post by likhari »

1: You feel that people who go to shrines and peers are not good Muslims and if Talibans have removed the peers or killed them that is a welcome sign from them and you link the downfall of the Muslim ummah to such activities i.e grave worshipping

2: Secondly you feel that Muslim ummah's downfall is because they are not following the quran

My response

1: I stressed enough in my previous post that this is not the way to eradicate a problem, the only and best solution is educating people, using force in these issues will only create more trouble and in any case if using force is allowed then by now all Qadains should have been killed, Ghulam Ahmed Perwez (who was declared kafir by majority of the ulema should have been hanged as well and so on and so forth). Just go to Afghanistan and share your quranic views with talibans and then ask them whether they think they are the worst Muslims or your are the worst Muslim. If you still dont understand my point of view then please go to SWAT and open up a centre and start selling dr shabbir's books (you will understand why I am against using strength in such issues).

2: lets suppose muslims stop following Quran totally, do you think they wont make progress in this world?.That is what i meant when i wrote that progress doesn't ALWAYS need divine guidance. All the advancement in the world today is not because people read religious scriptures and then initiated their thinking process. it is a basic human trait to think, to ponder, to analyse, to invent etcetera. on the moral side Truthfulness, Honesty, Justice, Respect,fair play,Honest dealing etc are inherent in human nature and Humankind in general has a consensus on these moral values, one doesn't need to open up Quran to know that honesty is good and killing is bad.

that is what I mean when I use terms like common sense and basic human intellect and infer that straying away from Divine guidance in form of religious scriptures is not the sole reason of downfall of Muslim ummah.

Regards

Ali
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

You may like any one, but it is not neccessary that he is great.

As we observe him on tv, he is an extremist of his kind. Quran recommends Balances(55:8) and humbleness in life, and country needs cool statesmen. The volatile nature of present muslim society have given them losses.

Your abusive outburst that i am a "stooge of zionist", just on my post, is a proof, how muslims generaly react. Soofi mohammad, the current head of Taliban also declares most pakistanis as kafir.

Place yourself.

Sidqi
Sikandar Khan

Post by Sikandar Khan »

The true, compassionate Islam (not Taliban Sharia) will dominate man-made systems..
shahalam

Post by shahalam »

Umar

Post by Umar »

This is the exact self-righteous smugness that has landed Pakistan where it is today. Far from being “a most essential part of the Ummah”, it certainly seems the least essential part right now.

I don’t much care for having pride in possessing nuclear weapons. They are mankind’s worst invention ever. And I am sure that you won’t have much pride left in them either once they land in the Taliban’s hands any day now.

I agree, Khan Saheb, that I should take my “traitor stupidity” elsewhere. I anyway believe that inflated ideals of nationhood are not in the spirit of the Qur’an’s teachings. I will walk out this Pakistan Beacon and search for the old Our Beacon. Can anyone please offer me directions? I can’t find it.

Wassalaam

Umar