America, the Dying Super Power

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Sean Howarth, Islamabad

Post by Sean Howarth, Islamabad »

"The girl has denied the alleged flogging incident," Geo TV reported. The lashing footage was telecast on many TV news channels worldwide. The victim was not present during the hearing.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/04/06/4111198.htm

America, the Dying Super Power... remains in a state of denial of its obvious collapse

Many American analysts believe that America's real economic collapse could come by the end of this year. Amazingly America remains in a state of denial and continues to make bad situation worse with useless bailout plans and messing around with the rest of the world instead of facing up to the reality that its time as Super Power is coming to a drastic end.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Opinions/Columns/05-Apr-2009/The-crash-of-09-the-collapse-of-10/
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

I agree with you. I think, Zaid Hamid's value rests in his motivational and cheer-leading character, speeches and writings. In addition, his message is based on unity of Pakistanis and the Ummah.

I enjoy him although he makes some philosophical and historical mistakes, and seldom recites Allama Iqbal correctly.
Wassalam,
SA
Narain Kataria

Post by Narain Kataria »

Both countries are dying any way but, fairly or unfairly, Pakistan makes the headlines.
Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

I find that there is a lot of rhetoric but not much substance (unless you believe in predictions based on dreams, poetry and historical anecdotes). However, that said, the man is a true believer in Pakistan and a die-hard patriotic.

Mubashir
Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

Zaid Hamid, RWP

Post by Zaid Hamid, RWP »

Patriotism for Pakistan is poles apart from secular patriotism because Pakistan was built around an eternal, noble Ideology. I realize that my work is imperfect but you will be happy to know that our team's humble efforts are beginning to bear fruit, thank Allah.

I need nothing but your duas and encouragement.

I am grateful to Brig Dr Shabbir and all.

Fi Amanillah

Your brother,

ZH, RWP
Narain Kataria

Post by Narain Kataria »

Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

Muhammad Rafi

Post by Muhammad Rafi »

Whatever the past, peaceful co-existence should be encouraged. Peace destroyersd will always be there. The leaders who (mis)guide the masses are the real culprits. When Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and Jews can live peacefully in other parts of the world why not in India and Pakistan. According to the Hindus the creation of Pakistan was a big mistake. If anybody claims that India is for Hindus only, he is making the same mistake. India has never been a single unit country and at the moment it is finding it difficcult to manage the larege unwieldy land. Usurpation and forced occupation of princely states after 1947 was a political blunder and crime and its time the negative results are foaming up. Instead of unsubstantioated claims, accusations and hatred it would be better to struggle for better living conditions for everyone, in Pakistan and in India. Aboive all India should desist from becoming the polioceman of the area. It should learn from history and support Pakistan. If Nehru had not committed the blunder of avoiding a rational solution to the Kashmir problem, Pakistan would have been a big market for Indian goods, but again the Indian mindset of inflated ego created more problems and wars. The same is happening now. Gen. Musharaf's initiative were negated by the Indian leadeship and the results are before you.

Muhammad Rafi

Karachi
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

I am delighted to see you on this forum. Please grace the forum with your presence often.

Thanks!
Wassalam,
SA
Muhammad Rafi

Post by Muhammad Rafi »

Respected Dr. Sahab

Thank you very much for your kind words

Regards

Sincerely

Muhammad Rafi
Mubashir

Post by Mubashir »

If both countries had any brains, they should have issued a joint statement saying "These kind of murderous attacks cannot derail the peace efforts, and they will continue no matter what".

That would have left the planners behind the attacks scrathing their heads and wondering "What happened?". It would have taken the wind out of their sails.

Instead, the media on both sides went to war on a progressive scale, drumming up accusations, counter accusations, denials,etc. resulting in a mess that will take years to recover from. So, guess who won?

Umar

Post by Umar »

Forgive me, but I also feel that the whole world turning to Islam is the essence of Dr. Shabbir's post. The two Ayahs cited by Dr. Shabbir clearly confirm this idea:

9:32 They seek to extinguish God’s light (the Quran) by their utterances. But God will not allow this to pass, for He has willed to spread His light in all its fullness even though the rejecters may detest it.

9:33 He is the One Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the True Religion (The Divinely Prescribed System of Life), that He may cause it to prevail over all religions and systems of life, even though the idolaters may detest it.

The above ayahs seem to be very forthright and clear indeed.

If you don't agree that the whole world will one day be in the fold of Islam (as the above Ayahs indicate), kindly enlighten us as to what you think is the meaning of these Ayahs.

Wassalaam

Umar