Permissible food

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Asifzaheer

Permissible food

Post by Asifzaheer »

Salaam alaikum,

i m very very happy to see the old forum,it is really a treasure of knowledge.

During a discussiön on authencity and role of hadith in islam a person asked a ques that if u reject hadith then how u will know that which meat is permisible and which is not bcoz by name in Quran only pork is prohibited.so plz anybody tell me the answer,answer what qural says about fishes in terms of eating.

thanx

wassalaam
Dr. Shabbir

Permissible food

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

5:1 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Fulfill your pledges and obligations. Permitted for you for food are all plant-eating livestock with the exceptions named (5:3). ---.

5:3 Forbidden to you (for food) are:

Carrion, blood, the flesh of swine, anything (not just meat) that has been dedicated to any other than God (such as an idol, grave or saint), any animal that has been strangled to death, or beaten to death, or killed by fall, or gored to death, or eaten by a wild animal unless you are able to slaughter it while it is still alive, and (also forbidden is) what is slaughtered on idolatrous altars (devotional stones or blocks in shrines considered sacred). And (you are forbidden) from dividing one another’s portions through raffling, for these are deviations. This Day, I have perfected your Religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and chosen for you AI-Islam (Submission to Divine commands that ensures universal peace) as the System of Life. This Day, the rejecters of the truth have lost all hope of (making compromises with) your System of Life. But, do not fear them, but fear Me. This Day, I have perfected your religious law for you, completed My favor upon you, and chosen for you Submission (Al-Islam) as the System of Life. If anyone is forced by dire necessity (to consume the forbidden), with no intention of transgression, (should remember that) God is Forgiving, Merciful.

[Mayitah = Carrion = Dead meat = An animal that dies of itself. Azlaam = Dividing eating portions by placing or shooting arrows = In other contexts Azlaam also includes the conjecture of foretelling the future = Raffle = Lottery = Divining arrows = Clairvoyance = Dividing things or time for one another through randomly picking up slips of paper. Deen = System of Life = The law. 2:173, 2:185, 2:219, 5:90]

5:4 They ask you (O Prophet) what foods are permissible. Tell them all good things of life are lawful to you. As for the hunting animals, the catch of your trained dogs and falcons, as God has taught you, is permissible. Mention God's name thereupon and be mindful of God. Indeed, God is swift to take account.

5:5 This Day, all good things of your choice are made lawful for you. The food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous, chaste women of the believers and the virtuous, chaste women of those who were given the Scripture before you (provided they do not associate anyone with God 2:221). But you must give them their marriage portions and live with them in honor, not in fornication, nor as secret lovers. (It must be an honest wedlock 4:24.) Anyone who rejects belief, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter.

5:96 Lawful to you is all water-game. This is decent provision for you and for those who are traveling (to Hajj) by sea. Do not pursue land-game during Pilgrimage. Be mindful of God to Whom you will be summoned. [Bahr = Sea = River = Any body of water]
Wassalam,
SA