Aashoora (10th of Muharram) by Syed Sadath

Here we will show what Islam is not and how it is refuted by the Quranic Message.
Dr. Shabbir

Aashoora (10th of Muharram) by Syed Sadath

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

"May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.

Bismillah Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Reminding all to keep Fast on 9th & 10th Muharram
( For people in india it is 7th & 8th Jan )

Taasooaa = 9th muharram
Aashooraa = 10th muharram

This is the day (10th muharram) when Prophet Moses (pbuh) and also Prophet Nooh (pbuh) used to fast. Also it is a confirmed sunnah that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) also used to fast on this day.

Narrated Ibn Abbas: When the Prophet came to Medina , he found (the Jews) fasting on the day of 'Ashura' (i.e. 10th of Muharram). They used to say: "This is a great day on which Allah saved Moses and drowned the folk of Pharaoh. Moses observed the fast on this day, as a sign of gratitude to Allah." The Prophet said, "I am closer to Moses than they." So, he observed the fast (on that day) and ordered the Muslims to fast on it.

[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 609]

“This is a righteous day” – in a report narrated by Muslim, “This is a great day, on which Allaah saved Moosa and his people, and drowned Pharaoh and his people.”

“Moosa fasted on this day” – a report narrated by Muslim adds: “... in thanksgiving to Allaah, so we fast on this day.”

According to a report narrated by al-Bukhaari: “... so we fast on this day to venerate it.”

A version narrated by Imaam Ahmad adds: “This is the day on which the Ark settled on Mount Joodi , so Nooh fasted this day in thanksgiving.”

“and commanded to fast on that day” – according to another report also narrated by al-Bukhaari: “He said to his Companions: ‘You have more right to Moosa than they do, so fast on that day.”

Why also to fast on 9th Muharram ?

Messenger of Allah saw that, it is a day (10th muharram) which the Jews and Christians hold in high esteem. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When the next year comes, God willing, we would observe fast on the 9th But the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) died before the advent of the next year. [Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Number 2528]

Virtues :

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “...For fasting the day of ‘Aashooraa’, I hope that Allaah will accept it as expiation for the year that went before.” [Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Number 2602]. This is from the bounty of Allaah towards us: for fasting one day He gives us expiation for the sins of a whole year. And Allaah is the Owner of Great Bounty.

syed sadath
-------------------------------------------------------

Nothing but conjecture.
Wassalam,
SA