Verses on science and verification of translation??

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

Salam,

I have a few questions.Firstly, regarding the verse

21:30 Are the unbelievers not aware (after this proclamation) that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that We exploded into parting? And that out of water We made every living thing? Will they not, then, acknowledge the Truth?

well is the word used in arabic one solid mass?or one unit of creation?some people claim mass never existed prior to big bang, hence my question.

next verse is 16:66

16:66 And, behold, in the cattle too there is indeed a lesson for you. We give you to drink from their bellies, from between the refuse and the blood, pure milk pleasant to those who drink it.

is the word used between the refuse?or between excretions as other translators claim?ALso,it should be referring to the nutrients obtained from the semi-digested or digested food from the intestines that are transported by blood to produce the milk,could you please help me clarify the arabic connotations of this verse, especially the part between the refuse ?

21:33 And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along each in an orbit.

Well does the arabic here refer specifically to the sun and moon regarding the orbital movement or does it include the night and day?because if it includes night and day then it may plausibly be translated as they all follow their own motion in a rounded path(kawwarra)??

23:13 Then placed him as the male and female gamete (the product of conception) in a safe lodging.
23:14 Then We fashioned the gametes into zygote, a clot, then the hanging little lump, the embryo. Then We created bones within the embryonic lump, and then clothed the bones with flesh. (Thus We designed it into a fetus). And then We made it into a new creation (the human infant). So Blessed is Allah, The Best of creators.

23:13 is it referring to a sperm affixing itself into a egg cell?also 23:14 the word then implies continuity.If the sperm has already fertilized the egg in 23:13,then the gametes would already be a zygote form, would'nt they?could 23:13 be either referring to the ovum and testacles as the firm storage place of sperms and eggs?or could 23:13 be talking about just the sperm nutfah lodging into an egg?because if we assume that the zygote is placed firmly in the uterine lining, then why would God mention then we made th gametes into a zygote,when the zygote has earlier been made and placed firmly already in 23:13?i am not sure how to see the continuity in the verses?pls help me clarify this if possible,so that i may know what Allah has told me in arabic precisely as i cant really understand arabic that well,thank you brothers and sisters in islam.

Regards,
Jai
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam dear Jai,

Question:
well is the word used [in verse 21] in arabic one solid mass?or one unit of creation?some people claim mass never existed prior to big bang, hence my question.

Answer:

Awa lam yara allatheenakafaroo anna alssamawati waal-ardakanata ratqan fafataqnahuma wajaAAalnamina alma-i kulla shay-in hayyin afalayu/minoona

21:30 Are the unbelievers not aware (after this proclamation) that the heavens and the earth used to be ONE SOLID MASS/RATAQ/ رتقا that We exploded into parting/FATAQ/ففتقناهما? And that out of water We made every living thing? Will they not, then, acknowledge the Truth?

Your question is about the use of the word "fataq" which means: to break, dissolve, seperate, split. And the opposite word "rataq" meaning: to merging, attaching of elements to make them one. These are the perfect definitions for the big-bang, as the opposite of the word “fataq”.

“rataq” defines exactly the situation from before the big-bang, as the word “fataq” defines exactly the situation of the big-bang itself.

Rataq does not refer to a mass, matter that has gravity, as your question is, it refers to something that is bound together, and in this verse refers to the energy that is bound together in one single point.

Cosmologist Martin Rees in his book "Our cosmic habit":
"Our universe may once have been squeezed to a single point, but everyone whether on earth, or Andromeda, or even on the galaxies remotests from us can equally claim to have started from that point.."(page 55)

Astrophysicist Paul Davies in his book "The mind of God":
"....the basis of the well-known big-bang theory, according to which the entire universe came into existence abruptly, about fifteen billion years ago, in a gigantic explosion."(page 47)

"The universe evidently began, in some sense,"wound up", and is still currently unwinding.[..]If one imagines "running the cosmic movie backward", then the galaxies get closer and closer together until they merge.(pages 47-8)

Look at the words he choose:"wound up", and see what words God used for:"solid mass/bound together". It coincides perfectly.

Just as the Big Bang in reality is an unwinding of the Universe, in the same way it will role up again. Or as explained by Edward Hardy in his "Origin and Evolution of Universe":
“In some tens of times 10to the 9th years, the recession of the neighboring galactic systems will cease, and the process will start to reverse.”

21:104 On that Day We shall roll up the Sky as a written scroll is rolled up. Then, just as We initiated the first Creation, We shall create a new Universe. This is a Promise incumbent upon Us. Truly We shall fulfill it.
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

thanks brother arnold,for that reply it was enlightening.I hope you or others could explain the other verses and their arabic connotations to me as well.Thank you for all of your precious time.Salam.

Regards,
Jai
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!