Confusion regarding the incident of Warqa bin naufal....

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Resham Mansoor

Post by Resham Mansoor »

Asa!

Again while going through my text book i came across the incident regarding Warqa Bin Naufal. My book states that he told prophet(swm) that the being that appeared to him was Angel Jibrael and that prophet would suffer a lot of persecutions while preaching for the new faith. It furthur states that Warqa Bin Naufal was a christian and he told the Prophet that he wanted to embrace the new faith ( he died as a christian; meaning he didn't accept isalm)

I don't get this incident at all. I mean if Allah had granted the prophethood to Mohd (swm) thn wasn't Jibrael enough to explain about the quetions cropping up in Prophets mind, why did he turn up to Warqa? Moreover if Warqa Bin NAufal wanted to accept the new faith why didn't he accept it thr n thn?

Please explain ( specially Arnold)

P.s. I've tried my best to explain you the questions present in my mnid. I hope you are able to comprehend them the way i want you to. :?

Resham Mansoor
Lahore, Pakistan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salaam my sister!

Dr.Shabbir has answered your question in his book 'True History and False beliefs'. Please read that instead of your textbooks :wink:

http://www.ourbeacon.com/truehistory.pdf

THE FRIGHTENED, SHIVERING MAN: In Surah 74, Al-Mudaththir means the Founder of a Most Benevolent Order, and not "The frightened, shivering man asking for a blanket!"
It is highly tragic that a fabricated story found a place in our ancient history and lives to this day. Tabari, ibn Hisham, Shibli, Maududi et al want us to believe that the exalted Messenger was terribly frightened at the first Revelation. That he came home shivering and his caring wife Khadijah (RA) covered him with a blanket. She reassured him and then took him to her Christian cousin Waraqah bin Nawfil who was a scholar of the Bible. It was he to confirm that Muhammad (S) had received Revelation through Angel Gabriel! Waraqah still does not embrace Islam! It is amazing that billions have been buying this story for one thousand years. Ladies and gentlemen, will you?
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

And yes, you do ask your questions clearly, I hope also that I answer them clearly...