Establish Sa'laat alone!

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Musharrat

Establish Sa'laat alone!

Post by Musharrat »

AsSalaam Aleikum Our Beacon,

It's been few months, I am learning a lot from this forum. I am blessed that I found this website. I was one of N2I followers who tried to follow all the rules. But I am a open minded person who likes to follow truth. It is not easy to throw our over thousands years old beliefs in the trash and embrace hidden truth. But I did it. Now I am trying to follow true Islam and spreading out to my friends and families. The second part is really hard job. They don't like to listen. They get angry or sometimes upset. The sad part is most of them are not thirsty for truth like me. But I am trying my best. Now, somtimes I will ask you questions; because I have limitations. I can't figure out evrything. This time my question is how do I establish Sa'laat alone when my environment is different and I am the only follower?

Musharrat Ahmed
Ahmed Mateen

Establish Sa'laat alone!

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

<<how do I establish Sa'laat alone when my environment is different and I am the only follower?>>

This indeed is a very important question and to understand it, we must see the function of Deen how it works.

We see Quran as a constitution of Islamic State, that it truly is, but unlike other constitution countries have it is different in one aspect. American constitution is applied and followed in America and Pakistan’s in Pakistan and so is the case with other countries. On the other hand Quran gives us two types of laws, one applied to individual, which can be followed as an individual, and others can only be applied by the state. We must keep this difference when we talk about establishing Salat as an individual. Moses was commanded to establish Salat while living in Egypt (10:87). And Luqman(AS) said to his son:

31:17 “O My dear son! Strive to establish the Divine System wherever you are, and advocate the doing of what is right and forbid the doing of what is contrary to the Permanent Values. And remain steadfast in the face of whatever may befall you by way of opposition and persecution. All this, behold, will require unwavering determination.

The other thing which can be important is that, Islam is not a new Deen it is the same as followed by Abraham (AS) and all the Prophets including Prophet Muhammed(S). So common truths are same in Ahle kitaab’s religion and Islam and it wouldn’t be wrong if we say in all religions. You can follow them living anywhere. Salaat means to follow closely, so in addition to them what Quran ordains us to follow, I am not going to repeat them as you can read this beautiful book Islamic Way of Living

Ritual Namaz
As for as Namaz is concerned, Quran doesn’t give the number, time, or method specifically. You may have read this article if not please do read it Who contrived Namaz. You have Sunni and Shia methods of praying you may choose one suitable to you.

Please note: This is my understanding that may be wrong.
anwer

Establish Sa'laat alone!

Post by anwer »

AssalamuAlaikum

Is it just my experience or if anyone else has noticed that when people start to know about reality of Namaz and what is Salat they get uneasy feeling as they donot know how to meditate and pray to God and to have silent moments in communication with God. Could any of learned member please elucidate on it,i.e How to communicate with or be in presence of God, and if there is any method prescribed in Quran. Or the motions of Namaz (Qiyam ruku, sujjood) can be used for that .
Quran in various occasion talks about Zikr of Allah
Here is Ayah which talks about doing Zikr when you are sitting and/or laying .
[4] فاذا قضيتم الصلاة فاذكروا الله قياما وقعودا وعلي جنوبكم فاذا اطماننتم فاقيموا الصلاة ان الصلاة كانت علي المؤمنين كتابا موقوتا
anwer
Naushad

Establish Sa'laat alone!

Post by Naushad »

I do agree with Anwer and would appreciate if someone can please clarify how to do zikr of Allah without performing ritual namaaz.

Thank you.
Ahmed Mateen

Establish Sa'laat alone!

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Zikr

by Dr. Manzoor-ul-Haque

If we look into the Quran we will find that the word “Zikr” occurs 268 times in the Quran and has 63 derivatives used in the Book, the Quran. This word “Zikr” has many connotations in Islam. Its almost opposite is “Nissiyane” (forgetting). This verb occurs 45 times in the Quran; and 28 of its derivatives have also been mentioned in the sacred Book.

The root of Zikr is Za-Kaf-Ra. Some of its meanings are:

Az-Zikro Wattazk'aro: It means

· To preserve something, to keep alive in mind; this word is used opposite to NASYUN, which means to forget (6:68)

At tazkerato: It means

To remind something which is needed (76:29)
The Quran has also been called As-Zikro (16:14) because it contains the history and Causes or Laws for the rise and fall of nations
Zikrun also means to remain steadfast in the battlefield and thus ensures the supremacy of Divine Laws (51:45). The Divine Laws are also called Zikrullah (39:23). It has also been used in the context of dignity, honour, respect, fame and saying something good (43:44)
Verses (2:152) says Faz Kurunee Azkur Kum -‘You keep in view My Laws and I shall protect your rights and grace you with dignity and honour’
In short Zikr means:

1. To remain steadfast in the battle field
2. Ponder over the secrets of nature
3. Take lesson from the previous history of nations
4. Keep in view the Divine Laws and take decisions accordingly
5. Propagate or give publicity to the Divine Laws
6. These are the steps which install peace of mind (13:28) and not the rotation of beads or retreating to the caves or hujras

Keep these meanings in view, study the Quran and grasp the places where this word has been used. You will understand the real perspective and get the action verbs commanding you to do the things practically.