Life or verbal declaration of faith?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

16:106 Anyone who utters unbelief, after accepting faith in Allah, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith, is different from the one who is fully content with disbelief. The latter group invites Allah’s Requital, and theirs is an awful doom.

Well I have a question.When i was talking to a christian friend,I quoted this verse from the quran and said as muslims,we value life,hence if our life is threatened we are allowed,by this verse,to keep our faith a secret or even utter that which might make people think we are not muslims.However,I am not so sure if this is a right interpretation as there are many verse that exhorts us to always speak the truth,and others that exhort us to make sacrifices even ur lives,in the cause of the deen.Hence I would be happy if anyone could help me clarify on this issue.And by the way salam to all brothers and sisters on the forum,i am a new member.

Salam.
Inna lillahi,wa inna ilayhi ra'jiun
To God we belong,To Him is the return!
Our Beacon Committee

Post by Our Beacon Committee »

Somehow you posted twice and two threads were created. We have deleted one of the threads.

Regards,
Our Beacon Commitee
Drcheema

Post by Drcheema »

salamun alaikum
Respected brother
YOu have a very good question and you have given the answer yourself. Indeed, in the times of persecution people may make a momin do things which he dont believe in but this person who bends himself to do unsilamic things to gain something trivial or save his life is also a looser in the hereafter. The land of Allah is vast and if its so that he is facing persecution for his faith, he has the option to migrate to a favorable land.

16:106 Anyone who utters unbelief, after accepting faith in Allah, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith, is different from the one who is fully content with disbelief. The latter group invites Allah’s Requital, and theirs is an awful doom.

16:107 That is because they have chosen the life of this world only, ignoring the life to come. Allah does not intervene to guide the rejecters of the Truth.

16:108 Such are they whose hearts, ears and eyes Allah has sealed. Yet, they remain unaware. (Disuse of faculties brings people down to subhuman levels of existence 2:171, 7:179).

16:109 There is no doubt that such people will be great losers in the Hereafter as well.

16:110 But verily, your Lord; to those who leave their homes after trial and persecution, and then strive and patiently persevere, your Lord is oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

16:111 Beware of the Day when every human being will come to plead for himself alone. (There shall be no pleaders or intercessors), and they will be repaid exactly what they did. And no one shall be wronged.

He may get some benifit by not bearing witness to the truth but will hault the evolutionary process of his personality and in the hereafter he will loose his share.

NOw, read 106 with 107, 109 and 110.

regards
Taseer Cheema,MD
New York
Shoaib Ali

Post by Shoaib Ali »

Salam -
To my understanding of this verse, Allah will not punish muslims, who are being thratened to be killed if they were to verbally acknowledge the supremacy of Allah and his deen(a gun/knife might be pointed at you to utter nonsense but your heart is all pure...) Allah knows the conditions of true beliver's heart, and to Him the life of his creation/true believrs is sacred.
Allah Diloon Kay Haal Janta Hay!

I may be wrong on this, but i would like Our Beacon's Scholars to comment on this....

Jazak Allah
Wassalam
Shoaib Ali
Follower and learner of Quran Alone
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

yes its this point that i was thinkig of most..when it comes to life or uttering unbelief,should we choose life as per the verse?Salam..
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

First of all, this cannot be directed to Allah. You believe Allah cares if you deny or not?

14:8 Moses made it clear to his people that obedience to the Divine Commands was only good for them, “If you deny the Truth, you and all those who live in the earth, know that Allah is indeed Self-sufficient, Owner of Praise.”

It is about acknowledging Reality or not. Your Self can only develop when it is insync with Reality. So when you live in a society where you must deny Reality openly, while knowing the Truth inside yourself. You are blocking your Self from developing.

So it is all about YOU, not about Allah. Stop believing Allah cares if you acknowledge Him or not. It is about you accepting Reality. Allah is Reality, He is Haq.

But a moment of denial, is a moment in a state of Jahannam. Only through speaking and acting in complete Truth will you gain the upperhand in Life. People believe a small lie will benefit him, but it is the direct opposite.

This is why Allah says that being a person who completely denies Reality, is worse off. As that person will not develop his Self. A person who believes hiding ones belief is neccesary, is not like complete denial, but the person is deviating from Reality, and thus goes against the Divine Laws.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

PLEASE REFLECT ON QXPIII 16:106

16:106 Anyone who utters unbelief, after attaining faith in Allah, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith, is different from the one who is fully content with disbelief. The latter group invites Allah’s Requital, and theirs is an awful doom. [See 6:145, 14:8. The Divine Wisdom Decrees that if someone is bent upon killing a Muslim unless he denies Allah, he may do so to save his life. The subject is restricted to uttering belief/disbelief in Allah, and involves unduly risking one's life.]

COMPARE WITH 6:145

6:145 Say, "I do not find in the Revelation given to me, any food that is prohibited for one who wishes to eat except: Carrion (dead meat), or running blood, or the flesh of swine – for, verily, it is a barrier to the moral development. Or, anything (not just meat) that has been, in defiance to Commands, has been dedicated to other than Allah.” If one is forced by dire need without being deliberate and without transgressing, your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (2:173, 5:3. ‘Rijs’ = Unclean = Disapproved = Contaminated = Foul = A barrier to moral development. Science still needs to learn how pork can be a barrier to morality. ‘Fisq’ = Deviation = Abomination = In defiance of Divine Commands = Disobedience of Allah = Drifting away from reason)

14:8 And Moses said, “If you disbelieve you and all on earth together, yet Allah is indeed Self-Sufficient needing none, Owner of Praise.”

BELIEVING IN ALLAH IS GOOD FOR US ONLY. FOR HIM, IT'S A TRIVIAL THING.
Wassalam,
SA
matinbhagat

Post by matinbhagat »

thx,point noted.

Salam