amruhum shura baynahum

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
tammyswofford

amruhum shura baynahum

Post by tammyswofford »

Respected Forum Members:

Regarding the phrase in the topic line: Is it adequate conceptually as to the role of a Shura council in a local masjid? As such, does the council function in a micro-administrative role to the greater Islamic governance? Does this fall under ijma?

Thank you,

Tammy Swofford
Drcheema

amruhum shura baynahum

Post by Drcheema »

Dear Tammy
Here is a link where you can find the detailed answer to your question. I would ,rather, recommend to read the whole book for a better understanding of an Islamic State based on Quran and different aspects of her functioning and the role of an individual.

http://www.tolueislam.com/Parwez/QL/QL.htm

Its an urdu books of Allamah G A Parwaiz , translated into English By Respected Dr Abdul Wadud Marhoom

Its a great book,
Regards
Taseer Cheema,MD
New York
tammyswofford

amruhum shura baynahum

Post by tammyswofford »

Dear Dr. Cheema,
Writings of G. A. Parwaiz are definitely worth my time. I will put it "in line" as I always have a stack of books awaiting me which I tackle in a disciplined order. My next book on the reading list will be "Tehran Rising: Iran's Challenge to the United States" by Ilan Berman, sent to me by a friend who has much knowledge regarding the Middle East. It is fairly new and most likely a timely topic for consideraton.

Respectfully,

Tammy