Question: Good is from Allah, bad is from ourselves?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Email

Post by Email »

Subject: A question

AoA brother,

Hope you're having good.

I once read in the Quran that when something good happen to men they say
that it's from us self, and when something bad happens them, they say it's
from God. But the Good is from Allah, and humans them self create bad
things, it's not from God. The ayah was something like this. But I can't find it now. Do you know where in the Quran I can find this Ayah?

And many muslims says that both good and evil are from Allah. What does
Quran say about that?

Thanks,

With kind regards,
This is an email send to OurBeacon, which is posted under a specific category. OurBeacon does not immediately agree with the email. Comments will be given when neccesary.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Here it is, dear Brother! Try to understand and remember.

4:78 Wherever you may be, death will find you, even if you live in fortified castles. When something good happens to them, they say, “It is from Allah.” And when affliction befalls them they say to each other, “This is from you O fellow-man!” Tell them, “All things happen according to Allah’s Laws.” What is amiss with these people, they understand not a thing?

4:79 Allah never creates evil. Things and events have good and evil aspects. When you act according to the Law of Allah the results are pleasant, and when you act against the Law the results are unpleasant (42:30). So whatever good happens to you is from Allah, and whatever evil happens to you is from yourself. We have sent you as a Messenger to mankind and Allah is Sufficient as Witness.

42:30 Now whatever calamity befalls you, is a consequence of your own actions and He pardons a great deal. [If mankind establishes the Divine System on earth, their societies will function as orderly as the rest of the Universe. Most calamities befall people because of the wrong manmade systems. ‘Afw = Forgiveness = The capacity to absolve imperfections. God’s Laws in Nature have the capacity to absolve imperfections]
Wassalam,
SA