Quranic reference for celbration of Eid Uld Adgha

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Ridwaan

Post by Ridwaan »

Salaams esteemed Beacon family

Is there any Quranic evidence for the celebration of Eid ul Adgha or any other reason for it?

Secondly, where can I access the old archive as there are many topics that I still need to research.

And lastly but not least, thank you Tammy for the beautiful answer on my previous question.

Ridwaan
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

salam dear Ridwaan,

There are no Quranic references to any celebrations for Muslims. Almost all Muslim Eids are Persian or Pagan celebrations given with a Muslim twist. And these were all taken over by the Muslims after the Prophet.

Allah doesn't give any order for any feast. This is on us to decide what to celebrate. Humans do this by themselves allready, no need for Allah to intervene on this.

In the end of surah 5, Isa calls Allah for the Nourishment System to be an Eid. Eid means literally 'a joy that keeps coming back'. So this is the true everlasting Eid of Allah. The Deen being established on earth and the Hereafter.

There is no objection at all for celebrating feasts as they are important for the social fabric of societies.