Daily routine life problems

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
abdullah

Post by abdullah »

Salam

I'm in the period of transition from N2I to N1I. Can you guys throw some light on how to accomplish Birth (like circumcision), Marriage (Nikah), Death (Funeral) and other day to day routine task according to N1I.

Thanks
Ahmed Mateen

Post by Ahmed Mateen »

Salaam

Quran is The Book full of wisdom, unfortunately Muslims take the Message of This Book as stories of Previous nations like pagans of Mecca believed. Please study chapter 2 Verses 67-71 and see how Israelites indulged themselves in such details and ignored the clear Message of Allah. And also reflect on these beautiful Verses:

2:108 Would you demand of your Messenger what was demanded of Moses in the past? But whoever chooses the darkness of Ignorance instead of the Light of Faith, has already strayed from the Right Way.

5:101 O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! Ask not unnecessary details of the things (as the Israelites did to Moses about the cow 2:68). This attitude may bring unpleasant consequences for you. But if you ask them as the Qur’an is being revealed, the minor details of Ordinances might be given which will be hard for you to follow. Allah has pardoned you in this respect, for Allah is Forgiving, Clement.

I hope The Message of Quran clears your doubts.

I would also recommend you to read ISLAM: THE TRUE HISTORY AND FALSE BELIEFS

-May Allah increase us in knowledge
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salam Aleikum dear Abdullah,

To answer your questions in a brief matter:

-Birth-Circumcision.

What does the Quran have to say about this? Well, circumcision is not mentioned in the Quran. Allah says:

64:3 He created the heavens and the earth in Truth and with a Sublime
Purpose. And He formed you and formed you so well with beautiful potentials. And unto Him is the Final Destination.

67:3 He has created seven Cosmic Systems in great harmony. Look! No fault will you see in the creation of the Beneficent. And turn your vision upon it once more. Can you see any flaw?

82:7 Who created you, then fashioned you, then proportioned you?

It is clear by these verses that Allah has created us in perfection. And he clearly says:

3:191 (Such men and women of understanding keep reflecting upon how Allah’s Laws operate in the Universe.) Standing, sitting, and reclining, they observe, and reflect upon Allah's creation of the Heavens and the Earth and wonder, "Our Lord! You have not created all this without Purpose. High Above You are from creating anything in vain! Save us, then, from being negligent in attaining knowledge and thus, getting condemned to Fire.” (When humans harness the forces of Nature and use them for the common good of all, they move away from Hell and close to Paradise in both lives 45:13-14).

This part of the verse is important:
You have not created all this without Purpose. High Above You are from creating anything in vain!

But He also says:

39:18 Who listen to the Word, and follow the best of its application (in a given situation). Such are those whom Allah guides, and they are the insightful ones.

Allah says we must follow the best solution in a situation. So this means that He has perfected us in our body, but also in our capability of finding solutions, we are perfected in physical and mental capabilities.

So this means, if circumcision turns out be to be good for men's health, then by 39:18, we are obliged to do it.

A good example is a practice that became part of the Sunna, and was said even to be an order of the Prophet(s). When large Muslim armies were formed, and travelled across the world. They had problems with certain outbreaks of diseases. Muslim scientists soon found out that these diseases were spread by lice and flee's. So they ordered all the men and women travelling, to shave all their private hair, as body lice can only live on body-hair and not on the hair of the head.

Because of this precaution, no diseases broke out. And soon this practice was picked up in many Muslim lands who were plagued by diseases. This was also why the black-plague didn't spread as much in Muslim countries as it did in Europe. Next to being more hygienic in every day practices, and also because the cities had good water systems and garbage dispossals. The shaving of the body hair took away another factor that was involved in spreading the black plague. As flee's of rats spread the disease, and now had less changes to live on the human.

This practice became became 'common sunna'. Sunna means 'habit' or 'custom'. Later generations made this sunna into a religious sunna. Completely forgetting the scientific reason why it had started, and Hadith were concocted that suppossedly report how the Prophet had explained how to remove your bodyhair. This practice of making a hygienic precaution a religious act, was influenced through the orthodox Jews, who also have many ridiculous purification rules, who no doubtely originated from real precautionious acts of their ancestors, who had good reasons to do it at their time. I tell you this, so you will understand that such acts as circumcision do NOT have any religious value or purpose. They are made 'religious' by later generations as they worship their predecessors.

We can not know for certain if the Prophet and his followers also circumsized their children. We do know it was a common practice among the Arab tribes. And if the Prophet and his people recognised the hygienic reasons behind it, then they did it because of this and for nothing else.

So to understand circumcision, we must ask these questions:
1. Does the person benefit from the act?
2. Will the person be offended you have done this in his youth, when he had no say on it?

We must weigh out the verses that says we are created in perfection and that Allah does create things in vain, to the verse that tells us to follow the best solution.

-Marriage

For marriage rules, I lead you to this link:

Marriage Laws and handling of children

And also for other injuctions I refer to you this book:

Quranic laws

It discusses all Laws of the Quran in an easy matter. I can discuss them my self, but this book has handled them sufficiently so there is no need for me to explain them. If you have any further questions, please ask them.