Why there are no Women Prophets?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
khalique1

Post by khalique1 »

Hi,

This is my first post in Ourbeacon, I regularly visit Ourbeacon forum and blog to find some interesting articles.

I would like to ask a question about prophets.

Is there any reason, why there are no women prophets or messengers sent by Allah?

Regards,
Khalique
Sidqi

Post by Sidqi »

i think its not possible to determine, if there were no lady prophets.
All prophets are not recorded or known. Ther do not have ceritfications or degrees or mentioned in history books. They just come and go without any record.

Sidqi. Ca
Annas

Post by Annas »

God has sent thousands of messengers to different nations and communities. It is very likely that there were some female ones. But the ones that are mentioned in the Quran are all male. Correct me if im wrong.

Peace
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Dear friends,

The Qur'an makes it abundantly clear that all prophets/messengers/apostles of God were men.

12:109 And even before you, We sent none but men to whom We revealed Our messages – (Men) chosen from the people of the townships. Have they then never journeyed about the earth to see what happened in the end to those who lived before them? But the home of the Hereafter is best for those who live upright. Will you not then, use reason?

16:43 (O Prophet) before you We sent none but men to whom We granted revelation. (Tell the deniers), “If you do not know this, ask the bearers of the reminder (People of the Book).”

All prophets and messengers have been men probably because of the physical hardships involved in their noble Mission. I have closely read the Bible three times and found only one prophetess but her occupation was only making prophecies. It appears from the text that she was not Divinely ordained.
Wassalam,
SA
Ikhlas654

Post by Ikhlas654 »

Asalaamu alaykum,
I wondered the same question myself many times, I always figured men were chosen as prophets because women have always been an 'inferior' figure in many societies and cultures and would not be as respected or taken seriously. When women get passionate about something we are often looked at negatively like we are in a perpetual menstrual cycle or something. Or referred to as names not suitable to come out of my mouth nor be posted on here. Allahu alim.
Masalaam,
Meg(still freezing in Minnesota)