How many Hajj Conferences did The Exalted Prophet attend?

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Ridwaan

Post by Ridwaan »

Salaams my esteemed family

I have a question. As head of the new islamic state, how many hajj conferences did the Exalted Prophet attend?

I have read many articles claiming only as once. Now that could be correct but in my mind as head of state The Prophet would have attended all conferences after the conquest of Meccah. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Shukran

Ridwaan
tammyswofford

Post by tammyswofford »

According to my readings, be they accurate, Prophet Muhammad made a lesser pilgrimmage to Makkah after the Ta'if campaign. He made the final pilgrimmage, the one you note, prior to his death.

As to reasons? Madinah was the hub of the nascent Islamic state. Between the time of arrival of Prophet Muhammad and his death was a window of compressed time in which much had to be accomplished to stabilize the economy, with the influx of immigrants from Makkah or Abyssinia to Madinah, etc. And while the second 'Aqabah pledge was in force, (622 A.D.) there was need of a more binding charter for the region, which was indeed accomplished. Beyond the region, was the Byzantine state, which also presented problems. Muhammad also retained enemies within the city-state of Madinah who would have taken advantage during his absence.

Undoubtedly, others have thoughts or possibly disagreement with what I have posted.

R/Tammy Swofford
Arnold Yasin Mol

Post by Arnold Yasin Mol »

Salam,

Dear Tammy has answered it correctly and gave also a good explanation.

No disagreement here.
tammyswofford

Post by tammyswofford »

A cup of coffee starts my morning every day. But a compliment from Arnold, is like adding a piece of dessert!

Thank you!

Tammy