SAUM - Sherazi's flight :-)

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

This man seems to have hardly gone through high school and he knows no Arabic.

Look at his spelling and grammar. His explanations are ridiculous.

:-)

SA

---------------------------------------------------------

Sherazi:

The terms "drink" and "eat "literally stand for drinking and eating but the Quran has also used these terms metaphorically for assembling and digestion of the Quranic education and knowledg.

Digest AND ASSEMLATE THE RIZZAQ

ATTEND THE TRAING AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM OF THE SOUM

EDUCATION OF THE QURAN BY DIGESTING AND ASSEMLATING IT. YOU SHOULD CONTINUE IT UNTIL THE DARKNESS BORDER OF YOUR MIND CHANGE WITH THE CLEAR AND WHITE BORDER [ LIKE SPOTLESS WHITE EGG] OF THE QURAN.

REGARDING YOUR INQUARY "period between "Jesus and Muhammad" IT MEANS THAT PERIOD [AFTER THE DEATH OF JESUS ] IN WHICH THE MAN MADE SYSTEM HAS TAKEN THE PLACE OF THE SYSTEM WHICH WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE JESUS. THEREFORE THE TERM "SHAR UR- RAMADAN" MEANS THAT FAMOUS OR NATORIOUS PERIOD

NATORIOUS PERIOD WHICH HAD CREATED CHAOS, DISORDER AND FIRENO OF BURNING HELL

MOHAMMAD WE HAVE REVEALED THE QURAN UPON YOU IN THAT PERIOD WHEN HUMAN CIVILISATION WAS LIVING IN THE ABBYAS OF DARKNESS
--

-------------- Original message from Úmar <enterthegenius@hotmail.com>: --------------

Dear Dr. Shabbir

This is my question to Sherazi Akhtar and his reply of the Ramadan month. I know your opinion but, what you think of this? Honestly, I can not accept this answer, because I think so they are out of context.

Thanks.

May Allah bless you

Salam

Umar, Spain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Akhtar

I have a great doubt about the terms "drink" and "eat" in your reference to Ramadan. Also in the period between "Jesus and Muhammad"

I understand that Islam is a religion without ritual, but is very difficult for me that interpretation of Ramadan. Can you help me with more information?

God bless you.

Úmar, Spain.
----------------------------------

Mr. Omar.

Let me first clear your doubt about the terms "drink" and "eat"

The terms "drink" and "eat "literally stand for drinking and eating but the Quran has also used these terms metaphorically for assembling and digestion of the Quranic education and knowledg.

Verse 2:60

Digest AND ASSEMLATE THE RIZZAQ [QURANIC LAWS WHICH ARE THE SOURCES OF NOURISHMENT OF THE HUMAN SELF] AND DO NOT CREATE CHAOS AND DISORDER IN THE EARTH.
VERSE 2:187

YOU MUST ATTEND THE TRAING AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM OF THE SOUM IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE QURAN. HOWEVERE,IF AFTER COMPLETING THE REFERSHES COURSE OR FINISHING THE SOUM PROGRAM OF THE QURAN YOU STILL FEEL SOME CONFUSION AND WEAKNESS IN UNDERSTANDING THE QURAN THAN YOU SHOULD CONCENTRATE MORE ON THE EDUCATION OF THE QURAN BY DIGESTING AND ASSEMLATING IT. YOU SHOULD CONTINUE IT UNTIL THE DARKNESS BORDER OF YOUR MIND CHANGE WITH THE CLEAR AND WHITE BORDER [ LIKE SPOTLESS WHITE EGG] OF THE QURAN.

REGARDING YOUR INQUARY "period between "Jesus and Muhammad" IT MEANS THAT PERIOD [AFTER THE DEATH OF JESUS ] IN WHICH THE MAN MADE SYSTEM HAS TAKEN THE PLACE OF THE SYSTEM WHICH WAS ESTABLISHED BY THE JESUS. THEREFORE THE TERM "SHAR UR- RAMADAN" MEANS THAT FAMOUS OR NATORIOUS PERIOD WHICH HAD CREATED CHAOS, DISORDER AND FIRENO OF BURNING HELL EVERYWHERE AND IT WAS ENDED WITH TIME OF REVELATION OF THE QURAN UPON MOHAMMAD.

THE SAME HARD REALITY THE QURAN HAS EXPRESSED IN THE VERSE 97:1

MOHAMMAD WE HAVE REVEALED THE QURAN UPON YOU IN THAT PERIOD WHEN HUMAN CIVILISATION WAS LIVING IN THE ABBYAS OF DARKNESS

BEST REGARDS

AKHTAR SHERAZI (Canada)

-------------------------------------------

This man seems to have hardly gone through high school and he knows no Arabic.

Look at his spelling and grammar. His explanations are ridiculous.

:-)

SA
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam All,

I don't think Akhter Sherazi didn’t go to high school :D... he did over-stretch some of the translations though but that could be because of his ineffective way of expression... I still have questions about Saum dear brother Shabbir, which I asked you earlier and still seeking for the right understanding of the verse 2:187!
Eating and drinking have been used not as literally as we would like to make it into, but symbolically as enjoying the fruits of life elsewhere in Quran too...like in 7:31 specially! if one tries to take it as literal as in 2:187 then what about 7:31 ? Shouldn’t we make it an integral part of Salat too??
Still it does not stop you remaining hungry and thirsty because then the question still remains what is the order for those living on north poles!
I think like Salat the true meaning of Saum has also been distorted! It’s simply dedicating some time for the cause of Allah ...maybe doing social or community service and yes spreading message of Quran, specifically the daytime!

jazakAllah

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected Sister UmmAimon,

I think I said about the North Pole that people there could assign the same number of hours as other places according to their work schedule.

I also feel that the meanings of Saum have been distorted.

As a perpetual student, I am willing to learn. Shirazi has very weak English, his words are out of place and explanations are too far-fetched to be acceptable to me. He can improve on his work though.

Please oblige me with your translation of 2:187. I will be delighted.

Thanks!
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam again,

Yes sure and then someone would write to you saying, “... this UmeAimon seems to have hardly gone through junior high ....”
Jokes apart, the truth is I m no linguistic myself but do believe to have a very inquisitive and logical mind by Allah’s grace. I do not even know my own mother tongue Urdu well, still I think I can understand it enough to make sense out of sentences pretty well :)

There are few reasons why I thought the translation of this verse was not as accurate. The obvious ones were those I told you earlier, that the meaning of Nisa is not wives and neither is mubashir approaching them intimately. One other reason was that if we go by the usual translation it implies that only men are allowed in masajid not women! And that is usual the stance of our mullahs always!

I try to stay as simple as I can and try to stick to the “meanings” which makes most sense from within Quran without creating any contradiction in it!
So while keeping this straight forward approach, in my humble opinion, this verse is simply talking about segregation of duties for men and women during the working hours inside the Masajids during the period of Ramadan. Allah SWT is simply telling us that men should take care of there issues and women should take care of theirs. Even though all momineens are protectors and cover for each other but this kind of gender segregation is required ... which is very useful when one thinks about it, as it creates kind of social bonding that is also required for a healthy society to grow.

I understand no one has ever seen it from this angle and the reason is simply again the usual definition and explanation of Saum that is stuck in our heads. But how I see Saum now makes sense to me and makes it very clear. It made me understand the Saum of Mariam SW too, which was not keeping quite at all, the point I talked to you about earlier!

jazakAllah

a sister

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected Sister UmmAimon,

Thanks for presenting your thoughts!

Consider the high school bit deleted. :-)

I will appreciate you concept of SAUM in detail please if not the translation of 2:187.

Sincerely your admirer,
Wassalam,
SA
UmeAimon

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam once again Dr. Shabbir and everyone,

I tried to post a reple three times before during the last few days but some error keeps coming up! Hope it accepts this time.
Saum as I understood is doing work in Allah’s cause setting ones personal priorities aside. For us it’s during the usual working hours and for a certain period! That could be all kinds of social/community services planned and carried out systematically by Islamic government at all levels. It could be directly spreading and understanding the message of Quran too, but that should be an ongoing process and the former is for tending special needs and under special circumstances.
But it’s the period I was a bit not sure about. If we go by Akhter Sherazi’s translation, it has nothing to do with the month but the period of some kind of deprivation not just ration(which it can be as the root it comes from has this meaning too), still then what’s the Arabic word for “month” and it’s not like there is no day, night, month or year mentioned in Quran!
But if we take Ramadan as the usual Islamic month, the other meaning it has again makes me think. How come Arabs named a month denoting intense heat and yet that month keeps changing seasons! In Punjab, the area where my parents live now, months are also divided and named according to seasons like Sawan, Bhaadon, Poh, Mah and so on, but they follow the usual solar year as the seasons variations largely depend on sun movements and not lunar!!
Taking message of Quran as universal, I find myself agreeing with the interpretation, but in a bit more generalized way, that this period to exercise saum should be in the period when there is either shortage of any kind or it’s the hottest(as also pointed out by AbdunNoor) and at least for a month(that is if the meaning of shahar is just month)
And the minimum one can do if could not take part in this whole exercise, is to feed poor as ordered in Quran which is again a service to humanity nothing else!

jazakAllah

a sister

UmeAimon
Dr. Shabbir

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected Sister,

The posting problem has never been reported before. If it happens again, please email me your writing and I will post it, and the matter will be referred to our experts.

May Allah bless you, I continue to benefit from your insight in the Qur'an and on other subjects.

Please remember to comment on the blog and the U-Tube videos.
Wassalam,
SA