The Natural Republic

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
UmeAimon

The Natural Republic

Post by UmeAimon »

Salam,

Thank you for your kind reply Dr. Shabbir. But does the second answer mean they can start their "fast" after their usual breakfast time in the morning and end at night whenever they have supper or dinner?
It's true Quran does not mention that!

It seems unfair, as the summer fasting hours get to be 17 hours long here. They don't do their breakfasts and dinners at those times. Or they don't have to suffer so long too as they can start their saum at their usual timings of breakfast and dinner?

Am I or rather are we understanding the "saum" as staying hungry and thirsty, correctly? Just an honest query!

jazakAllah

umeaimon
Shoaib Ali

The Natural Republic

Post by Shoaib Ali »

Salam All,

I was discussing this issue with my friends and the question was raised that if i am born on August the 30th when the Earth the Moon and the Sun were in line with each other then this birth date should be at the same time and date year after year after year.
And if we follow the Lunar calendar alone then obviously we will not have the birth date on same time or date.
And we can not schedule to do our chores and businesses if we just follow the lunar calendar alone.
So the month of Ramadan and the date when the Quran was revealed to Prophet mohammed (SA) has to be on same time year after year after year. It is not suppose to change 10 or 11 days each year.
The Quran says that it was revealed in the month of Ramadan. We should name one of the Solar month as Ramadan.
Just a thoght.....
Wassalam
Shoaib Ali
Follower and learner of Quran Alone
Dr. Shabbir

The Natural Republic

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

44:3 We have revealed it on a Blessed Night. We have always been warning.

Surah 97. Al-Qadr – The Majesty

[Author’s Note] This is the 97th Surah of the Qur’an. It has 5 verses. The Night of Majesty is when the entire Qur’an was revealed through Gabriel on the exalted Messenger’s heart in the month of Ramadhan in the year 610 CE. Its order and arrangement was exactly as we see today. Thereafter, it was revealed to mankind in stages over a period of 23 years. Contrary to popular belief, Iqra was not the first word revealed to the exalted Prophet. The Qur’an came as the Ultimate Criterion between the Right and the Wrong and ushered in a Splendor that has been spreading on earth during the last 14 centuries. 2:87-97, 2:185, 9:32-33, 14:1, 16:2, 17:85-86, 26:193, 42:52, 44:1-4, 70:4, 78:38, 81:17-19]

With the Glorious Name of God the Instant and Sustaining Source of all Mercy and Kindness

97:1 Indeed, We have revealed it in the Night of Majesty. [44]

97:2 Ah, what will enlighten you what it is, the Night of Majesty!

97:3 The Night of Majesty is better than a thousand months. [A day of enlightenment is better than a life-time of ignorance]
Wassalam,
SA