SOME VERSES ON WEDDING

All your questions to Our Beacon can be posted here.
Dr. Shabbir

SOME VERSES ON WEDDING

Post by Dr. Shabbir »

Respected brother, AA

You may choose some of these verses. Congratulation to the entire family on this joyous occasion!

2:187----. They (your wives) are your garments and you are their garments - close to each other, source of mutual comfort, complementing each other, trustworthy and keepers of privacy, reason for décor, and redressers of faults....

2:223 Remember that women in the society are the guardians of your future generations, just as a garden keeps the seeds and turns them into flowering plants. So, whenever you meet with women socially, treat them with respect, keeping the aforementioned principle in mind. This conduct will go a long way to insure the betterment of the future generations. Send forth good today for the sake of tomorrow. Be mindful of God and know that you will, one day, face Him. O Messenger! Give good news to the believers. [Nisaa = Women, not wives]

2:228 ----. Women, in all equity, have rights similar to men. ---

4:24 ---. All other categories are permitted for you in marriage, with mutual consent, as confirmed by giving her a generous marital gift or dowry. You shall seek them in honest wedlock and let marriage be a fortress of chastity for the husband and wife. You shall maintain morality and go not near adultery (17:32). You like to marry women for a better quality of life, so give them their portions as a duty. And there is nothing wrong in adjusting the sum with mutual agreement after the duty has been done. These laws are given to you by God, the Knower, the Wise.

25:74 And those who say, "Our Lord! Grant us that our spouses and children be the comfort of our eyes (that they excel in character). And let us be an excellent pattern for the righteous.

30:21 And among His signs is this: He created for you mates from yourselves, so that you might find comfort in them. And He ordained between you love and kindness. In that are signs for those who reflect. [Azwaaj = Husband + Wife, that are mates to, and complement, each other’s personality]

Sincerely,

Dr. Shabbir
--
www.ourbeacon.com

-------------- Original message from Salaam: --------------

ASA Dr. Shabbir,

I pray Allah that you and your family are doing well and in good spirits!

Dr. Shabbir, I was wondering if you could provide me with some brief words from the Quran to use for my son's Yusuf wedding this weekend.

I would like to have some reverent verses to speak from, something brief as they will be married by someone else.

If you have the time to share from your vast wisdom and understand it would be greatly appreciated .

Your Brother in Faith,

Charles Abdus Salaam
---------------------------------------------------------
Wassalam,
SA