Christianity is an embodiment of 'Taqia'

Welcome to our new OurBeacon Forum!
Khawaja Anwar, Norway

Post by Khawaja Anwar, Norway »

Christianity is an embodiment of Taqia by the church elders. Playing around with letters and words, fooling the common ( totally ignorant ) churchgoer. Although Greek has no upper / lower case system, English translator put capital L and capital g when referring to Jesus ( my god and my lord exclamation by doubting Thomas ).

The first thing is lying is lying ( Taqia is Taqia ). Two of the most important of so called god’s disciples lied about him while he was still with them is beyond any credibility. I misquoted Bible’s description that “all the disciples forsook him” in Mark 14:50. The fact remains that Simon Peter , so-called “ rock” ( of faith ) and Judas committed the “ dreaded “ taqia to save their lives ( only Muslims are supposed to do it! ). Whether they lied to the Romans / Jews / Tom / Duck / Harry is not Germaine to this event. They committed the so called Taqia.

The whole current NT is basically a pack of lies having more errors and inner contradictions ( hundreds of them as Prof Bart Ehrman ) and thus totally unreliable as a source of info about Jesus and his mission.

KA

Saira Iqbal, UK

Post by Saira Iqbal, UK »

By “chomical” I hope you meant comical. What is life without humour?

“you might learn a thing or two instead of replying with ridiculous ignorant comments”- Interesting, now spreading the truth and educating our fellow brothers is being perceived as ridiculous and ignorant. Please tell me what are the “thing or two” you learnt from the video you shared? What are we going to learn from a video which states that a “secret agency” is getting rid of independent people so it can CONTROL the “global population on this web”? A video that was full of grammatical errors is going to teach us a “thing or two”, make us all stand against the “global agenda for human control.” Is the device you are currently using to browse these conspiracy theories not controlling you? Clearly, they’ve taken over your mind! Quite bizarre isn’t it?

You presented a video that has no genuine source and expect the rest of us to follow it without asking a question.

You said “No David Icke does not think He's Jesus. Not Now anyway. Show me a latest video where he says He is Jesus. Show us all if you speak the Truth?? If Not Then Stop Spreading Falsehoods.”

You asked a man of truth and greatness, Jawaid Sir for evidence but the only problem is that people only understand from their level of perception.

However, for your sake I have attached evidence supported with real sources:

https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-david-icke-the-conspiracy-theorist-who-claims-he-is-the-son-of-god-11982406

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/only-in-britain/david-icke-terry-wogan-interview/

As you said you want to see a video, well then here you go (I’ll save you time go to 3:23 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzBJu-TCW0

Now I can say to you, “your ignorance and Arrogance is showing. Why are you making a mockery of yourself. What happened to the moderators on here. This guy is trying to bring things into disrepute. Grow up.”

If you are going to believe someone please, I repeat please look into:

Who that person is?

What he has been doing in his life to give such ‘factual’ information?

Which sources agree with his ideas? – since we all need proof

Oh and do start watching some comedy films, if you need some recommendations I hope everyone on the forum will be more than happy to help you out.
Anna Freud, Kentucky, USA

Post by Anna Freud, Kentucky, USA »

Trying to re-open the argument that the earth is flat will not change that it has been devastated, wrecked, annihilated and then some, period.

This psychological approach is a further example that our friend’s desperate attempt to come up with a new strategy...all in the name of tending to an extremely hurt ego, or rather the Cerebral Cortex syndrome. Rather than burn the id. The solution or strategy sought is to write pages of mixed-up contradictory gibberish to dump on us us a confused fragmented mindset but in doing so, forget one fundamental principal, it is now a closed shop. Evidence is professor Dave's challenges could not be met by any flat earther on this forum.

In view of this, this argument has been annihilated and neither you nor the entire flat earth community was unable to respond to basic challenges even from a non-science perspective in the threads.

These psychological strategies mean nothing but desperation and the earth still remains circular in harmony with nature and the Quran. All must be in harmony and not just one odd one out.

One more for you from Professor Dave (also known to somas as a free mason, Satanist, etc, etc).

Destroying Flat Earth Without Using Science - Part 4: The Conspiracy - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ae_XdFEQDw

Viewers - would be good for you to watch all four and his other annihilation videos of this rapidly dying cult.

Have a good day.

Anna Freud, Kentucky, USA

Post by Anna Freud, Kentucky, USA »

Before going on, I have to confirm that this can only be what I would describe metaphorically as a manic episode of epic proportions. Both a delirious confused understanding and coupled with an interpretation to fit in with an idea, belief in totality

Allow me to explain, the first video link is about the following -

"Nov. 9 -- Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton addressed supporters in New York on Wednesday. She urged young people to keep fighting for what’s right and that nothing made her prouder than to be champion of women"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAq8Mvs5I5Q

Hilary Clinton is talking using metaphorical language about the "Glass Ceiling Will Be Shattered Some Day" in relation to the above paragraph, not the flat earth's glass ceiling?? As that would bear no relevance to the subject matter at hand. Someone has used the clip to promote the firmament as they, the flat earth brigade see fit.

The other one is a mind-blowingly week and stupid. Even a kid at college can manufacture such a video in creative film media studies, and plug on YouTube. Not even worth saying any more about and an insult to any sane person'ss IQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkujMTSFr9o

Don't shoot me for it!

Mubashir, Toronto

Post by Mubashir, Toronto »

Essentially, the Koran suggests that a person who faces religious persecution can withhold the identity of their faith in order to avoid bodily harm or death. The concept was particularly embraced by Shiites, who took steps to hide their religious beliefs from the majority Sunnis. (Indeed, part of the reason for Sunni distrust of Shiites is because Sunnis regard taqiyya as part of Shiite practice.)

But some Sunnis also practiced taqiyya, particularly the Moriscos, Muslims who were forced to convert to Catholicism in Spain during the 1500s.

The concept is also not unknown to other religions. Jews in Spain during the Inquisition also pretended to convert to Catholicism.
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

I thought you were a six year old that could not understand simple truths but I was wrong, you are 4yrs old.

It should be called Bitchite, the 'bit' being the urdu meaning of the word.

I asked you for credible evidence for what you claim and you have given us Judy Mikovits who is a global conspiracy anarchist who makes money selling this false agenda.

Please buy her books, she needs that holiday in the Bahamas once the non-existent pandemic is over.

Since you do not know how masks help stop the spread of air-borne infections and you do not believe in airborne infections, then your attempt at car humour is useless.

Off to your next post.

jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

David Icke says there are lizards ruling the earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w2dMekIJLw&list=PLmlVmbNN70KJdLfAHE-c60qEqVEXdmgZs&index=1127

David Icke says he is the Son Of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAbI_1ySbCY

I can find no video where he has retracted this, and unlike your good self, I am open to correction if you provide one.

david icke, the money maker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=david+icke+books&adgrpid=52850010413&gclid=CjwKCAiA8ov_BRAoEiwAOZogwWqtin9_egZP-5Mcm-Jefv40qVA8I86-VHf3YL7BvHYukvIMQ9s_2BoCe7IQAvD_BwE&hvadid=259040105927&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006886&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13393644798229253097&hvtargid=kwd-308819093741&hydadcr=10542_1753792&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_70tbf6klj8_e

You cannot live on bread alone, he needs to make a living and he sells books he knows a few 'Karens' and 'Mr Stupid' will buy. He has learnt the mental con-game and you have been conned.

Either that, or he has mental health issues or both. Lizards and God, what a combination, must be a fruit and nut case.
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

If you are saying there is no covid, then doctors and nurses working and dying in the NHS and around the world to help those with it are all in on the conspiracy, do not know how to test for it, are killing patients or making up 'covid deaths', then you are backbiting them and are on the wrong path. You are following the evil spirit infecting this world as Icke says, and see where you end up:

15:39 Iblees said, "O My Lord! Because You have put me in the wrong, I will entice them on earth, and I will put them all in the wrong.” [Ghawa = Put in error = Thwart = Mislead = Deprive of sound judgment]

15:40 “Except those who are truly Your servants."

15:41 "This is, with Me, a straight path," said God.

15:42 “Surely, you shall have no power over My servants, except those who put themselves in error and follow you.”

15:43 “And for all such, Hell is the promised abode.”

15:44 With seven gates leading into it - each gate receiving its share of wrongdoers. [Sab’ah = Seven = Many. The right path is one, while the wrong paths are numerous and each of them leads to Hell. 30:30-31]

Lack of credible evidence means what you believe is baseless and useless.
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

I have to keep my mask on as I am challenging the Joker.
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

Again, bitshite and not scientific america, nature or reputable source.

steven lanka is a liar and an idiot but imbeciles think he is intelligent, and has been debunked

https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-a-vaccine-denier-20150320-column.html

judy milvotz is an idiot and has been debunked:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/fact-checking-judy-mikovits-controversial-virologist-attacking-anthony-fauci-viral

Lanka can make false claims and others may follow them, but they remain false. He has been fact checked over and over again as he makes ridiculous claims to sell book:

https://www.poynter.org/?ifcn_misinformation=pathogenic-viruses-do-not-exist-as-the-german-biologist-stefan-lanka-proved-in-front-of-a-court#:~:text=05%2F21%20%7C%20Mexico-,FALSE%3A%20Pathogenic%20viruses%20do%20not%20exist%2C%20as%20the%20German%20biologist,no%20lawsuit%20denied%20their%20existence.&text=The%20%23CoronavirusFacts%20database%20records%20fact,of%20the%20COVID%2D19%20outbreak.
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

21:33- It is He who created the night and the day,

and the sun, and the moon; each of them floating in an orbit.

(21- The Prophets, 33)

The word translated as “each of them” is “kullu” in Arabic. Suffixes called “tasniya” are used in Arabic when the sentence defines two objects. In the verse reference is made to the motion of two celestial bodies, namely the sun and the moon. However, the reason why “tasniya” is not used indicates that there should be more than two objects. If we suppose that the night and the day take place on the earth, the other object should be the earth. The Arabic word “falak” is used in Arabic to denote the orbit traced by stars and planets.

Hence, the orbits of the sun and moon are mentioned but also included in this is the orbit of the earth. It is not stationary or else the Qur'anic arabic would be different or you are making the Qur'an wrong along with every scientist thinker.

The following link gives us a history of the earth orbit discovery and it was not done by the enemies of the lizard spirits:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heliocentrism
jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

https://answering-christianity.com/quran/frank_orbits_of_earth.htm

orbits of Earth, Moon, & Sun

By Frank

18 RELEVANT VERSES REGARDING THE SUN’S & MOON’S: ORBIT, ROTATION AND LIFE.

1) SURAH 10:5 "He it is who made the sun a shining brightness and the moon a light, and ordained for it mansions that you might know the computation of years and the reckoning. Allah did not create it but with truth; He makes the signs manifest for a people who know. M.H. Shakir

2) SURAH 55:5 "The sun and moon follow courses exactly computed." Yusaf Ali

3) SURAH 13:2 "Allah is he who raised the heavens without any pillars that you see, and he is firm in power and he made the sun and the moon subservient to you; each one pursues its course to an appointed time; He regulates the affair, making clear the signs that you may be certain of meeting your Lord." M.H. Shakir

4) SURAH 41:37 "And among his signs are the night and the day and the sun and the moon; do not make obeisance to the sun nor to the moon." M.H. Shakir

5) SURAH 7:54 "He draws the night as a veil over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, all governed by laws under his command." Yusaf Ali

6) SURAH 16:12 "He has made subservient for you the night and the day and the sun and the moon, and the stars are made subservient by his commandment; most surely there are signs in this for a people who ponder. M.H. Shakir

7) SURAH 14:33 "And he has made subservient to you the sun and the moon pursuing their courses and he has made subservient to you the night and the day." M.H. Shakir

8) SURAH 31:29 "Allah makes the night to enter into the day, and he makes the day to enter into the night, and he has made the sun and the moon subservient to you; each pursues its course till an appointed time." M.H Shakir

9) SURAH 39:5 "He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term. M.H Shakir

10) SURAH 35:13 "He causes the night to enter in upon the day, and he causes the day to enter in upon the night, and he has made subservient to you the sun and the moon; each one follows its course to an appointed time; this is Allah, your Lord" M.H Shakir

11) SURAH 36:37-40 "And a sign for them is the night: We withdraw there from the day, and behold they are plunged in darkness; 38 and the sun runs its course for a period determined for it; that is the decree of (him), the exalted in might, the all-knowing. 39 And the moon-we have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old (and withered) Lower part of a date stalk. 40 It is not permitted to the sun to catch up the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to law). Yusaf Ali

12) SURAH 21:33 "He it is who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; ALL ORBS travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres." M.H Shakir

13) SURAH 2:258 "God causes the sun to rise from the east." M.H Shakir

14) SURAH 18:17 "And you might see the sun when it rose,...and when it set...." M.H Shakir

15) SURAH 6:78 "Then when he saw the sun rising, he said is this my Lord, ... so when it set...." M.H Shakir

16) SURAH 20:130 "Glorify your Lord...before the rising of the sun and before its setting." M.H Shakir

17) SURAH 18:86 "Until when he reached the place where the sun set, he found it going down into a black sea, and found by it a people." M.H. Shakir

18) SURAH 18:90 "Until when he reached the land of the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people to whom we had given no shelter from it." M.H. Shakir

Verses 1-4 are very CRITICAL verses. These verses are MOST CRITICAL because they state that the SUN AND THE MOON ARE ORBITING, ROTATING, OR HAVE A LIFE SPAN WITHOUT THE USUAL TANDEM OF WORDS that are included in many descriptions of the sun and the moon in the Quran. For example, the Quran constantly discusses aspects of the sun and moon (i.e. rotation, orbit or life) BUT it often includes the following words: "the night and the day and the sun and the moon." Unfortunately, many people often ACCIDENTALLY MAKE A CAUSAL CONNECTION between the description (I.E ROTATION, ORBIT OR LIFE) that the verse describes with the phenomenon of day or night. WHEN THE QURAN TALKS ABOUT "DAY AND NIGHT" WHILE ALSO INCLUDING A DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE SUN OR MOON (i.e. rotation, orbit or life), IT DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN THAT THE DESCRIPTION (i.e. rotation, orbit or life) IS CONNECTED to the phenomenon of day or night also discussed in the verse. Since there is an abundance of information regarding the sun and the moon spread out among many different verses, we must view ALL the information IN ITS ENTIRETY. The following 4 verses prove that the Quran clearly acknowledges that the sun and moon have their own ROTATION, ORBIT AND LIFE SPAN without necessarily CONNECTING it to the phenomenon of day or night.

1) SURAH 10:5 "He it is who made the sun a shining brightness and the moon a light, and ordained for it mansions that you might know the computation of years and the reckoning. Allah did not create it but with truth; He makes the signs manifest for a people who know. M.H. Shakir

2) SURAH 55:5 "The sun and moon follow courses exactly computed." Yusaf Ali

3) SURAH 13:2 "Allah is he who raised the heavens without any pillars that you see, and he is firm in power and he made the sun and the moon subservient to you; each one pursues its course to an appointed time; He regulates the affair, making clear the signs that you may be certain of meeting your Lord." M.H. Shakir

4) SURAH 41:37 "And among his signs are the night and the day and the sun and the moon; do not make obeisance to the sun nor to the moon." M.H. Shakir

VERSES 5-12: DESCRIPTIONS OF THE SUN AND MOON INCLUDING THE TANDEM OF WORDS "the night and the day and the sun and the moon." The following verses 5-12 have much information packed into them and OVERLAP with the GENERAL DESCRIPTIONS in verses 1-4 above regarding the sun’s and moon’s ORBIT, ROTATION AND LIFE.

5) SURAH 7:54 "He draws the night as a veil over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, all governed by laws under his command." Yusaf Ali

6) SURAH 16:12 "He has made subservient for you the night and the day and the sun and the moon, and the stars are made subservient by his commandment; most surely there are signs in this for a people who ponder. M.H. Shakir

7) SURAH 14:33 "And he has made subservient to you the sun and the moon pursuing their courses and he has made subservient to you the night and the day." M.H. Shakir

8) SURAH 31:29 "Allah makes the night to enter into the day, and he makes the day to enter into the night, and he has made the sun and the moon subservient to you; each pursues its course till an appointed time." M.H Shakir

9) SURAH 39:5 "He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth; He makes the night cover the day and makes the day overtake the night, and He has made the sun and the moon subservient; each one runs on to an assigned term. M.H Shakir

10) SURAH 35:13 "He causes the night to enter in upon the day, and he causes the day to enter in upon the night, and he has made subservient to you the sun and the moon; each one follows its course to an appointed time; this is Allah, your Lord" M.H Shakir

11) SURAH 36:37-40 "And a sign for them is the night: We withdraw there from the day, and behold they are plunged in darkness; 38 and the sun runs its course for a period determined for it; that is the decree of (him), the exalted in might, the all-knowing. 39 And the moon-we have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old (and withered) Lower part of a date stalk. 40 It is not permitted to the sun to catch up the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to law). Yusaf Ali

12) SURAH 21:33 "He it is who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; ALL ORBS travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres." M.H Shakir

Verse 12: The Arabic verb "sabaha" (yasbahuna) in this verse means rotation on its own axis. The Arabic word "falak" used for planets and planets' movements in Verse 21:33 can mean movement in its own "celestial sphere." Therefore, the Quran states that ALL celestial bodies including the earth rotate on their own axis or in their "celestial sphere." If one wants to connect the phenomenon of night and day to the rotation of all celestial planets than this verse PROVES that the Quran CORRECTLY STATES that day and night is the result of the EARTH’S ROTATION!!!!!

12) SURAH 21:33 " "It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: ALL (the celestial bodies) rotate (yasbahuna), each in their celestial spheres (falak)." Yusaf Ali, M.H. Shakir

Verses 13-18. The following verses 13-18 illustrate how the Quran states that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West albeit through the earth’s rotation. I find no problem with these verses since we say the sun rises in the East and sets in the West in present day language. Moreover, we still use expressions such as the sun set into the sea, as is used in verse 18:86.

13) SURAH 2:258 "God causes the sun to rise from the east." M.H Shakir

14) SURAH 18:17 "And you might see the sun when it rose,...and when it set...." M.H Shakir

15) SURAH 6:78 "Then when he saw the sun rising, he said is this my Lord, ... so when it set...." M.H Shakir

16) SURAH 20:130 "Glorify your Lord...before the rising of the sun and before its setting." M.H Shakir

17) SURAH 18:86 "Until when he reached the place where the sun set, he found it going down into a black sea, and found by it a people." M.H. Shakir

18) SURAH 18:90 "Until when he reached the land of the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people to whom we had given no shelter from it." M.H. Shakir

THE SUN’S LIFE:

The sun is at an early stage in its existence; it should last about another 5.5 billion years. During this period hydrogen transforms into helium, with the resulting expansion of its external layers and the cooling of the sun. In the final stage, its light is greatly diminished and density considerably increased. This is to be observed in the type of star known as a white dwarf. Verse 36:38 clearly establishes the end of the sun’s life when we see that this verse is connected by the word "and" to the words "old" and "returns" in verse 36:39. These words "old" and "returns" seem to suggest an elapsed period of time that is very long. Moreover, the translation for verse 36:38 is a "period determined" or the word "mustaqarr" which means a final end. The word "Mustaqarr" used in verse 36:38 is different from the word "Ajaleen Mossama" or "appointed time" used in verses 13:2, 31:29, 39:5 and 35:13 (which could relate to orbit or rotation or life span.) The above dates are only of interest in as far as they give a rough estimate of the time factor involved, what is worth remembering and is really the main point of the above, is the notion of an evolution. Modern data allow us to predict that, in a few billion years, the conditions prevailing in the solar system will not be the same as they are today. Like other stars whose transformations have been recorded until they reached their final stage, it is possible to predict an end to the Sun. (Bucaille)

THE SUN’S & MOON’S ORBIT:

The sun and moon have their own orbits in the universe. Verse 36:40 clearly establishes the existence of the Sun’s and Moon’s orbit by stating that the sun will not "catch" (Yusaf Ali) or "overtake" (M.H. Shakir) the moon: i.e. the "sun," "moon," "day" and "night" will remain separate phenomenon since the sun and moon travel in their own orbits and hence will never collide. If the sun and moon were not in their own "exact" orbits (55:5), the phenomenon of "day" and "night" would most certainly be affected. The moon orbits around the earth every 29.5 days while it also is orbiting the sun along with the earth. The sun orbits the galaxy; to complete one revolution on its own axis, the galaxy and Sun take roughly 250 million years. The sun travels at roughly 150 miles per second in the completion of this. (Bucaille)

THE SUN ‘S & MOON’S ROTATION:

The sun and moon rotate on their own axis. The Arabic verb "sabaha" (yasbahuna) in verse 21:33 means rotation on its own axis. The Arabic word "falak" used for planets and planets' movements in Verse 21:33 can mean movement in its own "celestial sphere." Therefore, verse 21:33 establishes the existence of the Sun’s and Moon’s rotation on their own axis or in their "celestial sphere." The moon completes its rotating motion on its own axis at the same time as it orbits around the earth, i.e. 29.5 days, so that it always has the same side facing us. The sun takes roughly 25 days to revolve on its own axis. There are certain differences in its rotation at its equator and poles, but the sun is animated by a rotating motion. (Bucaille)

THE EARTH’S ORBIT & ROTATION:

The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 25,000 miles. The Earth rotates in about 24 hours. Therefore, if you were to hang above the surface of the Earth at the equator without moving, you would see 25,000 miles pass by in 24 hours, at a speed of 25000/24 or just over 1000 miles per hour. The earth is also orbiting around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour; it takes the earth one year to complete its orbit around the sun. The earth tilts at different angles to the sun, as it revolves in orbit around the sun, causing the 4 seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter.) When the earth's north polar axis is tilted most toward the sun, it's summer in the northern hemisphere, tilted furthest away, winter. Verse 21:33 clearly establishes these facts:

12) SURAH 21:33 " "It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: ALL (the celestial bodies) rotate (yasbahuna), each in their orbit/celestial sphere (falak)." Yusaf Ali, M.H. Shakir

Here an essential fact is clearly stated: the existence of orbits and rotation for all celestial bodies. This clearly describes what is happening to the earth as it rotates every 24 hours while it also orbits around the sun during a year’s time.

THE DEFINITION OF THE ARABIC WORD "FALAK":

The Arabic word falak has often been translated as 'orbit' or 'sphere' depending on the context of the verse. Si Hamza Boubekeur in his translation of the Quran cites the diversity of interpretations given to it: "A sort of axle, like an iron rod, that a mill turns around; a celestial sphere, orbit, sign of the zodiac, speed, wave . . .", but he adds the following observation made by Tabari, the famous Tenth century commentator: "It is our duty to keep silent when we do not know." (XVII, 15). This shows just how incapable men were of understanding this concept of the Sun's and Moon's orbit or rotation. These concepts were not to be explained until centuries later. (Bucaille)

There are two very important verses that use the word "Falak."

Two Possible Translations:

1) --Sura 21, verse 33:

"(God is) the One Who created the night, the day, the sun and the moon. All the celestial bodies rotate with their own motion (yasbahuna) as they travel in their own orbit/sphere (falak)."

In the above verse the word "falak" can be translated as "celestial sphere" (M.H. Shakir); this would mean that all celestial bodies rotate in their own "sphere." The word "falak" in this verse could also be translated as "orbit;" this would mean that all celestial bodies rotate as they travel in their own orbits. It is up to the reader to decide how to translate "falak."

In the following verse the word "falak" most likely should be translated as "orbit" (Yusaf Ali). This is because verse 36:40 states that the sun must not "catch" (Yusaf Ali) or "overtake" (M.H. Shakir) the moon. This clearly refers to the sun and moon traveling in their own orbits; there will never be a collision between the sun and the moon.

2)--Sura 36, verse 40:

"The sun must not catch up the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. Each one is rotating with its own motion (yasbahuna) as they travel in their own orbit (falak)."

These 2 verses clearly state the existence of the Sun's and Moon's orbit and rotation (36:40), plus a reference is made to the travelling of ALL celestial bodies in space with their own motion: i.e. rotation (yasbahuna ) as they travel in a "falak" celestial sphere/orbit (21:33).

THE DEFINITION OF THE ARABIC WORD "YASBAHUNA":

The Arabic word referring to a movement with a self-propelled motion is the verb sabaha (yasbahuna in the text of the above two verses). All the senses of the verb imply a movement that is associated with a motion that comes from the body in question. If the movement takes place in water, it is 'to swim'; it is 'to move by the action of one's own legs' if it takes place on land. For a movement that occurs in space, it is difficult to see how else this meaning implied in the word could be rendered other than by employing its original sense, i.e. ROTATION. (Bucaille)

jawaid ahmed

Post by jawaid ahmed »

Planet Orbit and Quran

The Arabic word for Earth is الْأَرْضِ / l-arḍi.

This comes from the root ا ر ﺽ and has the following derivative meanings:

ا ر ﺽ : to rotate; bring forth herbs; that which rotates; earth; land; city; country; ground

As shown above, one of the meanings of this root means to rotate, which is exactly what the Earth does.

Additionally, the Quran in several verses discusses the orbit of the planets.

[21:33] And He is the One who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; each floating in its own orbit.

وَهُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ الَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ

The word for orbit is فَلَكٍ / falakin, this word comes from the root: ف ل ك and has the corresponding derivative meanings:

ف ل ك : to be round; ships; ark; the orbit of a celestial body; pivot; axis

Some people argue that since this is the same root as the word for ship, that this does not mean “orbit” but instead just means to “sail”. What is interesting about this verse and specifically this expression ” كُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ ” which would be translated as “each in orbit” is that this phrase is a palindrome: a phrase that reads the same forward and backward. The significance of this is as if the letters are orbiting around one another like is being described in the verse itself.

Additionally, we read the following verse more about the orbit of the Earth.

[39:5] He created the heavens and the earth truthfully. He rolls the night over the day, and rolls the day over the night. He committed the sun and the moon, each running for a finite period. Absolutely, He is the Almighty, the Forgiving.

خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ بِالْحَقِّ يُكَوِّرُ الَّيْلَ عَلَى النَّهَارِ وَيُكَوِّرُ النَّهَارَ عَلَى الَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى أَلَا هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفَّارُ

This verse uses the expression “يُكَوِّرُ الَّيْلَ عَلَى النَّهَارِ وَيُكَوِّرُ النَّهَارَ”.

This verse clearly informs us that the Earth is round. The Arabic for “He rolls” (Yukawwir) is derived from the Arabic word for “ball” (Kurah). This verse is informing us that the Earth is rolled in order to achieve night and day. Since the Earth is not exactly round, a specific reference to its shape is given in 79:30.

In the following verse, we learn more about the orbit of the heavenly bodies according to the Quran.

[31:29] Do you not realize that GOD merges the night into the day and merges the day into the night, and that He has committed the sun and the moon in your service, each running in its orbit (specific course) for a specific life span, and that GOD is fully Cognizant of everything you do?

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يُولِجُ الَّيْلَ فِي النَّهَارِ وَيُولِجُ النَّهَارَ فِي الَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي إِلَىٰ أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيرٌ

Many people think that the Sun is stationary while the Earth revolves around the sun, but the Sun is also moving in an orbit around the Milky Way Galaxy. Below is a video animation showing that not only is the Earth and other planets revolving around the Sun, but the Sun itself is pursuing its own course as well.